Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:16 PM   #1

Default FZ100 newbie questions

Hello, I am learning the video on my new FZ100 and have some questions.
When I am in the "iA" mode where it detects scenes I'm filming automatically, and I want to shoot macro video does it change the settings to macro automatically or do I also need to change the auto focus button on the side of the camera to macro auto focus? or do I only use that side button when I'm shooting let's say, in P or Manual video mode?
sebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:43 PM   #2

Also when I'm shooting video in the Manual video mode and the side button is set to AF auto focus, does it need to be set to MF Manual Focus? I guess I'm getting confused by the side buttons as I always think if it's Manual video it doesn't use AF but if it's set on the side button to AF, does it?

Final question, is the stabilizer automatically set to ON? if not, where can I change it?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:36 PM   #3

Anybody? Also, the camera shoots at 60FPS should I also export at that or 30FPS is fine?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:55 AM   #4

Can someone tell me when I set the video mode to manual, how I use manual focus?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:06 PM   #5

try page 83 in the manual (since I don't use the video I really haven't explored that area)

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebek View Post
Hello, I am learning the video on my new FZ100 and have some questions.
When I am in the "iA" mode where it detects scenes I'm filming automatically, and I want to shoot macro video does it change the settings to macro automatically or do I also need to change the auto focus button on the side of the camera to macro auto focus? or do I only use that side button when I'm shooting let's say, in P or Manual video mode?
When you are in iA mode the camera will automatically switch to macro focus if it senses you are trying to shoot a macro photo.

Quote:
Also when I'm shooting video in the Manual video mode and the side button is set to AF auto focus, does it need to be set to MF Manual Focus? I guess I'm getting confused by the side buttons as I always think if it's Manual video it doesn't use AF but if it's set on the side button to AF, does it?

Final question, is the stabilizer automatically set to ON? if not, where can I change it?
You can still use AF in manual mode. Manual mode simply gives you the option to change shutter speed, aperture, etc.

The stabilizer is automatically set to ON from the factory. You can change it in the menu. Refer to the product manual for the exact location to change it. Keep in mind that image stabilization issues are going to be much more apparent when shooting video vs shooting stills.

Quote:
Anybody? Also, the camera shoots at 60FPS should I also export at that or 30FPS is fine?
The camera shoots at 60i (interlaced) which will play at 30p (de-interlaced). You can convert this yourself if you wish but your TV will de-interlace it when you play it back anyway.

Quote:
Can someone tell me when I set the video mode to manual, how I use manual focus?
Assuming you can use manual focus in video, simply set the switch on the side of the lens to manual focus.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:54 PM   #7

Thanks