Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:39 PM   #11

I just got a call from their service center about the missing battery, battery charger, and lens cap. She stated that it was not noted on my account to send these items for Friday delivery. I stated to her that 2 people stated that it would be delivered on that day. And she knew nothing about this. So, now she is "SUPPOSE" to send these items tomorrow for Saturday delivery. We Will see. Needless to say they have lost me and my family as a customers FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!! I also wish I never got this dang camera now.
Da Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:51 PM   #12

Amazon never sends a customer to any manufacturer. If the item was bought from Amazon (or even fulfilled by Amazon), they will take care of it, even if the 30-day period has expired. Very few online retailers take care of their customers like Amazon does. They amaze me daily.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:07 PM   #13

Yeah, I am kicking myself in the butt now for second guessing on what Amazon's response would have been. I can safely say I will send anything I purchase from them back if there is anything wrong with it. So as of right now I should be getting my battery, charger and lens cap for Saturday delivery. Hopefully Panasonic will follow through with they have told me.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:14 PM   #14

Well, I have an update to the never ending story of my camera issue. After going back and forth with the service department about this issue, I got a call from the service center. And after talking with the representative she told me to send back the refurbished camera (that also has grainy with lines on the LCD and EVF in low light. Kind of like the screen was going out), and they would send me a BRAND NEW camera. So, I sent the refurbished one back today, and the new one should be shipped out today. So, here I am with my fingers crossed that the second replacement camera is indeed a brand new out of the box camera.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:26 AM   #15

Good luck, I wait with baited breath to hear the outcome. I got my wifes camera from Amazon, and have had no issues with it. If I do while still under warranty I will return it to Amazon directly, they have always served me well in the past....
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:46 AM   #16

Well, UPS showed up Friday evening and delivered my camera. I was surprised to see a brand new camera still in its box with all the accessories nicely packed and ready for me to open. So, after 1.5 months and 2 cameras I FINALLY got the new camera that they should have given me the first time. I still wont buy any more Panasonic products because of this issue with customer service, but the camera works great with no issues.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:59 PM   #17

Good to hear of this outcome. Enjoy using your new camera and we look forward to seeing your photos soon.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote