Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftay2 View Post
Saly.... Those bird images are fantastic...

This thread has gotten so long so I'm not sure which bird images you are referring to, but thanks anyway!!!
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:24 PM   #22

Roger-

Go to page 4 of the Shooting Menu. There you will find "pict adj." Using the 4 way controller, move to the right. There you will find adjustments for comtrast, sharpness, saturation, and noise reduction.

Concerning downloading your photo. A good number of us prefer to use an inexpensive chip reader, or the slot on our computer. They are cheap, foolproof, and require no battery power from your camera.

Concerning poor focus: there are two issues to be concerned with when shooting close-up. (1) if the camera lens to subject distance is 30" or less, you will have to select the Macro Mode (the little tulip icon). If the camera to subject distance is greater than 30" you are going to half press the shutter release to get the camera to focus. When focus is attained, you will receive both an audio and a visual confirmation that the correct focus has been achieved. After you are sure you have attained focus, then take the photo.

I really do not think that the FZ35 is beyond your capabilities, but you will have to spend some time learning the camera and how it works. The attached photo is a typical macro or close-up. But to get proper focus in that photo, the camera had to be shifted into the macro or close-up mode (the little tulip icon).

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:46 PM   #23

I haven't been out with my FZ35 for awhile, but here's one I may have used before. About 85mm, iso250 in P mode. I make sure the camera has locked on to focus before shooting.

By the way some beautiful shots in this thread, mine seems mundane by comparison.
I claim no expertise with the FZ35.
Attached Images

Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:40 PM   #24

OK, let me try some uploading again. I was having PC troubles. Now, I have a new PC, one that has a card reader as part of the front panel. It reads my SD card fine.

I tried uploading off the SD card, but found the same uploading failure as before. My conclusion was the file size, pixel count on the dimension. I got no warning, but found some posts that spoke indirectly about this problem. I searched for ways to resize the images. I shot these images with a file size of about 4 MB (8 MPixels). I found no easy way to resize on the fly. I ended up importing to Picasa, then choosing the files I wanted, doing and EXPORT, where I did have a choice of pixel size. I will try to upload these images, albeit reduced in size from the original. Is there a better way to resize? I guess the upload process does not resize as needed. Am I right?

Sorry for all the confusion. I've uploaded so many images to various places, and have never had any problem. Maybe I'm on the right track now.
Attached Images

roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:43 PM   #25

OK, looks like those uploaded OK. Adding more to the mix,...
Attached Images

Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:46 PM   #26

And, the last. Refer back to my post a few days ago for some explanation. No, these aren't the best, but a representative sample of the shots from that setting. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:45 PM   #27

Franko and Roger-

Thanks for posting a nice series of photos.

Roger-

I am glad to see that have put the downloading problem to rest. Did you end up using a card reader?

You might also want to adjust your photos to tweak the sharpness and to adjust the shadowed areas. Picasa and Face Stone Image Viewer are free. If you want great editing capacity, take a look at Photoshop Elements.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:00 PM   #28

I don't get any audio or visual confirmation, do i have something not set properly? Nice to see your photots Roger53 and I didn't think the camera was beyond your capabilities, it's just a matter of sticking with it like me as i don't think a camera can beat a person if they do. I am still a newbie and lots to learn too and my photos are not great yet but i will get there and so ill you. E.

If the camera to subject distance is greater than 30" you are going to half press the shutter release to get the camera to focus. When focus is attained, you will receive both an audio and a visual confirmation that the correct focus has been achieved. After you are sure you have attained focus, then take the photo.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:43 PM   #29

E-

Steve pointed out to me today that there is a typo in that paragraph. "...30 inches..." should actually read "...30 cm (.99 Feet)..." Thanks, Steve!

Whenever, you focus the FZ28, FZ35, or FZ40 (and I would imagine the FZ100 as well, but I don't own one.) by pushing half way down on the shutter release to achieve focus, the camera, will both "beep" and give you a green circle or dot in the upper right hand corner of the LCD screen. The sound and the green circle="...an audio and visual confirmation..."

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 14, 2011, 5:10 PM   #30

Interesting. i have my sound turned off so that explains the audio and i haven't noticed a green circle. need to look for those now - thanks.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote