Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   Faststone image editor (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica/182516-faststone-image-editor.html)

csa Jan 6, 2011 2:27 PM

Faststone image editor

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a very kind member mentioning this editor; I downloaded it; am amazed at how easy it is, & the difference it can make.

The first photo was my chickadee with no editing:

2nd was just a few minutes is Faststone.

saly Jan 6, 2011 2:46 PM

Wow, that is pretty impressive, although I think your first shot is excellent without touch up!

joe30 Jan 6, 2011 2:47 PM

Yes, it's a great piece of software, predominantly an image viewer with limited editing, I've been using it for years, mostly for quick resizing and cropping, I always save the image as a copy and keep the original.

csa Jan 6, 2011 2:49 PM

Thanks Saly; I appreciate your post. I think that chickadee photo will remain one of my favorite, because it was the first with the FZ40 with birds; he was so patient with me.:)

I really like this editing program; as I'm a complete dummy when it comes to programs like this; but Faststone is very simply & easy to understand.

csa Jan 6, 2011 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe30 (Post 1186790)
Yes, it's a great piece of software, predominantly an image viewer with limited editing, I've been using it for years, mostly for quick resizing and cropping, I always save the image as a copy and keep the original.

Very good to remember saving it as a copy! I did this edit on a copy I had resized; so I still have the original.

Clint501 Jan 6, 2011 3:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csa (Post 1186794)
Very good to remember saving it as a copy! I did this edit on a copy I had resized; so I still have the original.

Excellent - always save the original.

Did you try moving your cursor to the left- right - upper-lower areas of the picture as you view it? And also right click while viewing?:D

csa Jan 6, 2011 4:10 PM

"Did you try moving your cursor to the left- right - upper-lower areas of the picture as you view it? And also right click while viewing?:D"

The purpose of this?

I know what right clicking while viewing does; but moving the cursor around the areas of the photo, accomplishes what?:confused:

Wes James Jan 6, 2011 4:22 PM

Nice shot, Carol- And interested to follow this thread and see what happens when you move your cursor around!! Looks like a nice, easy image editor.. might have to try it out. I ended up with Dell's Image Expert one computer ago, and since all our pictures we'd taken for years were in it, ended up by default what we always use!!
Wes

Wes James Jan 6, 2011 4:26 PM

AHA! From the webpage's "more info" link-
"...and major functionalities via hidden toolbars that pop up when your mouse touches the four edges of the screen."

Clint501 Jan 6, 2011 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csa (Post 1186822)
"Did you try moving your cursor to the left- right - upper-lower areas of the picture as you view it? And also right click while viewing?:D"

The purpose of this?

I know what right clicking while viewing does; but moving the cursor around the areas of the photo, accomplishes what?:confused:

I'm sorry - I meant mouse pointer. While viewing a photo in Faststone just move the mouse pointer to the right edge od the picture and EXIF data will pop up.

Move it to the left side and editing options will appear.