Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Default T-CON Tips?

Hi, i just got my T-Con lens today and was wondering if anyone had any tips on using it?
So far my shots haven't been great, not even good really and now i am wondering why i bothered to buy the macro and T-con lens, would even send them back if i could.
Having got them i have to try to make the best of them as this lot is going to have to last me for about five years i guess so all help would be good.
E.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Hi, i just got my T-Con lens today and was wondering if anyone had any tips on using it?
So far my shots haven't been great, not even good really and now i am wondering why i bothered to buy the macro and T-con lens, would even send them back if i could.
Having got them i have to try to make the best of them as this lot is going to have to last me for about five years i guess so all help would be good.
E.
A couple of sample shots showing what you mean might be helpful.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:28 PM   #3

I haven't taken any shots with the t-con yet,not been out lately. Sorry, i meant my photographs, with and without macro have been not good so far. thought tips for the use of t-con might help get better shots.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
I haven't taken any shots with the t-con yet,not been out lately. Sorry, i meant my photographs, with and without macro have been not good so far. thought tips for the use of t-con might help get better shots.
I might be a little dense here but... If you haven't taken any shots with it, how do you know they're not good? Did I miss something? People can't help if they don't know what the problem is. "Not good so far" is pretty vague. Images would certainly go a long ways in providing assistance.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:24 AM   #5

First of let me confess that i am a novise user of fz35 , but little that i can say is - FZ35 does very well with TC if you are interested in taking the images of wild life specially the bird , as they are tiny and can't go much close to it.i am using canon tl55 which fits very well with DMW LA3 adaptor and has 1.4X zoom,you can get very very close to them as the image posted here demonstrates.. so is the TCON 17 which also has 55mm diamiter..with much extra zoom 1.7 X then canon tl55..so just try try and try..you will get fine and memorable shots with fz35..there are many many frinedly and helpful persons in this forum..who are ready to guide somebody like us..who is just starting with fzs..so dont worry and keep taking photos..!! just keep in mind to take image in nice sun light if possible having ISO @ 80 or 100, keep ISO <= 400 otherwise ..you will find TC very useful after as the time goes.. ..
have a wonderful time..

Name:  fly 02712.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  57.9 KB

Last edited by jim007; Jan 9, 2011 at 2:28 AM.
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:49 AM   #6

GJTOTH, no you are not dense at all and you haven't missed anything. I am sure it is my fault in that what i meant to say was that my photographic experience, being a novis, has shown me that i haven't taken good photos to date with the camera and was a bit unhappy that i bothered to buy the other lenses, marco and LT55, (tele converta, t-con,) long lens. I am sure it will be my fault as i still get mixed up with things - sorry.
I was just wondering if there are any tips in using a long lens.
Jim007, thanks for the post. You are right of course, i will keep trying. We have more snow here at the moment so i willl have to wait a bit as all the birds are hiding poor things.
E.

Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:55 AM   #7

Eysha if you are not satisfied with your present shots from the camera adding the T-Con or LC55 will only magnify your feeling of "not so good" (pun intended and literal).

Adding another lens adds others elements to remember for the picture.
Be patient - be persistent.
Try taking shots without the lens first.

Get comfortable and confident in your "basic" picture shooting skills.
After you are comfortable with knowing the camera and getting more consistent then add the T-Con or LC55. There's no hurry - they will be there waiting for you.

When teaching art I'm sure there are basic skills one should master before going into more complicated areas. Learning camera skills is the same.

Camera holding technique - steady hand - using the appropriate shutter speed and aperture for the situation. Is there enough light? Should I use flash?

Good advice from Gary - try taking a few simple shots - post them - ask questions - try taking the same shots again for improvement - post and compare.

Hang in there - you'll get better pictures but get the basics down before adding the "magnifying" lens.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:02 AM   #8

Thanks Clint, i know what you mean, i guess.
I look at the photos on this forum and they are so good. I have read tons of stuff on taking good photos but so far, while i am imporoving on knowledge, i need to improve on taking. Patience isn't a strong point with me. I have tons and tons of patience with other people when teaching art etc but none for myself. I am a qualified special needs teacher so you have to have patience. I will hang in there as you say and keep at it, lol.
I love this forum - thanks so much.
E.