Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:03 AM   #11

thanks friends for your valuable comment and providing time to check different settings..actually Intelligent ISO was Off which enabled me to set ISO sensitity @ 100, and i think when you choose fixed ISO then ISO limit set becomes irrelevant, right..? pl. correct me if i am wrong.. that happend 3 to 4 times during that photo shoot when camera was on apparture priority mode. right now it seems o.k. hopefully it would not be repeated..just curious and drawing attantion to other fellow members about "software glitch" as pointed out by happy peasant. thank you all the friends for sharing the views and support.
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:42 PM   #12

iISO applies to S but not M mode. But, I don't believe you can get the camera to choose ISO 125 in M mode either. You can only get the in-between values in iISO mode.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
iISO applies to S but not M mode. But, I don't believe you can get the camera to choose ISO 125 in M mode either. You can only get the in-between values in iISO mode.
In my manual iISO applies to P, A, and two symbols that I think are Custom and Color Mode. It does not apply to Shutter. And, I always have it turned off, so when my camera used ISO 125 it was a Software Glitch. I changed settings several times while it was happening and it continued, but then the camera worked correctly after I turned it off and on again.

Besides the above, the camera has done funky things a few other times. Once it went to save a picture and never finished saving it. Same thing there; I turned it off and on again and it worked fine.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:34 PM   #14

You're right, Steve. iISO is not available in S mode. Do you still have the picture taken at ISO 125? I'd be curious to see the EXIF data. I use a program called ExifTool. It provides all sorts of information about the camera setting (more than any other EXIF program I know) and it might give you a clue of what was going on internally.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:59 PM   #15

I probably have a bunch of them, but, I did not record the day I did it, and it happened on a beach I walk on a regular basis, so I would not want to pick pictures and say these are them. I can picture in my mind exactly where I was on the beach when this happened, but not what I was shooting. It was just one of those things I thought about at the time, but then put it out of my mind entirely until this thread reminded me of it.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote