Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1

Default ZF100 Test shots

Finally managed to get out today even though the weather was pretty sucky to be honest. I went to one of our nice locations (Dolgoch Falls) even though I've photographed this place a thousand time ha ha :P

All shots taken were on a tripod and iso 100 and using Raw/Jpeg fine settings. I'm not a big fan of 4:3 ratio so set it to be 3:2 ratio instead

MY conclusions is the ZF100 is a pretty good point and shoot camera with a great versatility and can take good photographs in low light when using a tripod. Obviously there is more noise at iso100 than on my Nikon D300 but I would imagine in really good light it'll produce some really great images. I'm really pleased with the image quality and I've done a couple of A4 prints and they look pretty good considering the dull and dreary weather. The versatility and weight makes me realise I made a good choice with this camera. Looking forward to some better weather now I just wish it had a bigger Fstop (F8) is a bit limiting but I'll just have to get myself some filters to take to make the exposure longer. No biggy really

I dislike the Raw software, the photos looked pretty awful until I developed them as a Jpg. I even though I had a right duff camera to be honest until I loaded the images (jpegs) into Photoshop.

I took several waterfall shots mainly at 25mm or widest point. The portrait of my son was taken at 600mm (24x) and the flowers were taken on macro setting.

Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism, always welcome
Attached Images

Last edited by howiem; Jan 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
howiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Here are the remaining shots
Attached Images

Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:43 PM   #3

Wow, they are good..
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:48 PM   #4

All very nice. I love the way your flowing water came out. That's pretty good for not using any filters.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:50 PM   #5

Thanks Geoff and Saly I think I managed to get to around 1/2 second at F8. Mind you I could have gone later this evening and probably got anything up to 15-30 seconds but didn't really have the time Maybe next time, we'll see.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:47 PM   #6
Zos

Excellent water fall shots! You are lucky to have such a pretty location to shoot.
Zos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:01 PM   #7

Howie thanks sharing these...excellent shots...hopefully the weather will turn and we'll see some more beautiful shots from you...thanks again...and thanks for the tips!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote