Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:49 PM   #1

Default Mucking About with the FZ45

This is the first time I have been out using my FZ45, and I took these shots today in an old derilict building which is attached to a 12th century Abbey here in my village in France. The shots are not too clear so if any one has some good tips - please let me know
Attached Images

DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:07 PM   #2

What an interesting building - you did a good job capturing it. I think the photos are very clear, especially since you're new to the fz45. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your French village

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:19 PM   #3
csa

I think you did a wonderful job capturing the building! The woodgrain in the last one is really nice!
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:30 PM   #4

These are beautiful shots! Your composition is gorgeous with nice soft colors. Very well done, lovely. I particularly like the third one.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:39 PM   #5
Zos

Very nice and I like your style of getting the contrast and lines. All very clear as well. Well done. I like black and white and I could see these being very nice like that as well.
Zos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:50 PM   #6

Default Welcome!

Dyane-

Welcome to our Forum! We're very pleased that you dropped by the Forum. I am a professional digital camera instructor, so I enjoy analyzing photos.

Your photos are very well composed, by ever so slightly over exposed. I did a bit of post processing with Photoshop Elements 8.0 (a subject I teach). Here is what I did: (1) I sharpened the photo. (2) I increased the contrast to make the type more readable and darker. Then, (3) I reduced the overall brightness a bit. I hope that you do not mind that I adjusted your nice photo.

We are a friendly group who enjoy sharing, learning, and passing on tips that can make our photos a bit better.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:17 PM   #7

A nice set of photos....
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:53 AM   #8

Great series of photos and great PP Sarah.

My Flickr

Joe Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyaneG View Post
The shots are not too clear so if any one has some good tips - please let me know
I also own the FZ40 and I think ISO 400 is pushing the limits of this camera in terms of sharpness and noise. I would try to limit the shots to ISO 200 if you want a bit more sharpness and less noise.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:45 PM   #10

Dear Everyone

Thank you all so much for you fantastic comments. I have to admit that once I saw the photos posted here I realised that they were a bit sharper than they appear on my screen when I view them in PhotoShop. Can't wait to get out with my trusty camera again tomorrow.

I am hoping to get back into the building tomorrow to try some early morning shots ........ so if you dont hear back from me soon I could well have been arrested for breaking and entering !!! I am too nosey and have been wanting to get into this building to photograph it for the past 6 years.

I'll let you see what I come up with if I can get back in, and I'll post some photos of the Abbey taken with the FZ38 (unfortunately the screen went totally black, hence change of camera).

Thanks once again - DG
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote