Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:26 AM   #11

Surprised no one mentioned availability of "high angle mode". You have this available for shooting over the heads of the crowd and it works quite well.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie six-20 View Post
On the problem with gloves have you ever tried fingerless ones - well half-fingers actually? I wear them all the time in winter for photography, driving, even typing when the heating fails at work! In UK we would call them fishing gloves (so fishermen can tie flies), or shooting gloves. Even sailing or cycling gloves with cut-away finger tips are good. You will be surprised to discover that if your wrists & backs of hands & palms are snug & warm your fingers are less numb - they can even get quite toasty once the blood is circulating! Some styles have a full thumb - for photography you need the type with the thumb tip also cut away to access things like the tiny joystick more easily.

Here's a link to illustrate
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/sh...ss-234793.html
I wear those with some industrial gloves inside. Like these:
https://www.turtleskin.com/store/Pro...ductid=WPW-2D1
except mine only cost $2 at the flea market. They are sticky on the palm side and mesh on the top-side. I buy a small size so they fit tightly. Even so sometimes I still have to take my gloves off to adjust some fiddly thing on the camera. A heat pad in each pocket can be very nice too.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:56 AM   #13

I got some small size fingerless gloves so they are a very snug fit, then I can wear a pair of mittens over the top (all-in one cover rather than fingers, with just a separate thumb, like kids wear). I also have a pair that have a mitten top attached at the knuckles so you can just fold it over the tips of your fingers whilst hands are not in use!!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:07 AM   #14

I took the picture of the mounted police and did a little pp. It really comes out better. i know the OP will not want to adjust every picture but just increasing the usual suspects will improve them. (contrast, saturation, sharpness). I did use autoHDR on the Detailed setting also. It did the most improvement. It can batch many files at once also. The main problem I see with these photos is they are dull. These simple fixes make big improvements. Here's the result:
Attached Images

frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote