Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:58 PM   #1

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Default Bad image of the FZ40/45 and FZ100

Why are the FZ40/45 and FZ100 in Germany so worse discussed in contrast to outside Germany? In different threads in Germany is discussed, that the FZ100 has a much poorer IQ than the FZ40/45 and the FZ40/45 has a much poorer IQ than the FZ30/35. After all this very impressive pictures, posted here I can't understand this. Has anyone here an explanation for this negative image of the FZ40/45 and FZ100?

Best regards, Stefan
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:29 PM   #2

Stefan-

In any Forum, it is possible to get a "domino effect" that shifts the so called "public opinion" due solely to just a handful of very active posters in that Forum. That is the reality of Forums.

Note also that where Forum members are posting a lot of photos, it is less easy for a minority to shift the "public opinion." Photos have a very measurable and positive effect in dampening the strong texted opinions of those who complain, but do not post their photos.

Here in our Panasonic P+S Forum we have an active group and a much greater than average record of posted photos that, in my opinion, creates a more faithful image of any particular camera, unbiased by vitriolic text messages which generally have a negative effect in the long term on the so called "public opinion" of any specific camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:37 PM   #3

Well said Sarah...the proofs in the photos and then behind that is dedicated photog's or amatuer enthusiast that wants to learn to use the camera he/she has to get the "most" out of it..if in the right forum with the right folks it is easily done...I have learned right here from the good folks here at Steve's and continue to learn as it is a continuous process to learn photography...thats what makes it fun to me it's never ending and no two shots are the same...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:39 PM   #4

When I was shopping for an FZ back in August/September of 2010, there were many negative posts on the FZ40 and FZ100 (that's why I got an FZ35). Since then, they made a dramatic turn around. I think that it took a few months for people to master these two newer model cameras. Could it be that people are still "learning" how to use them in Germany?
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:04 PM   #5

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Hi Sarah,

I think that is very good and realistic explanation and also the reason for me to join this forum. I am also a member in a German forum, but the spirit here in Steve's Digicam Forum is much better. It is also a good possibility to see these fantastic photos from around the world.

In the short time I am a member of these forum I learned to like the folks here :-)

Best regards from Germany,

Stefan
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 5:17 PM   #6

Yes, you can take good photos with the latest cameras, but what is happening (or is being suggested) is that you have to stand on your ear to do it.

The pixel stuffed cameras are becoming no longer P&S.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:06 PM   #7

Stefan-

We offer a warm welcome to our Forum. Make your self comfortable, and take advantage of the comradeship, the learning opportunities, and the chance to sharpen your skills with your own camera, which appears to possibly be a FZ 40/45.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:36 PM   #8

Based on what I have read in this forum, and the photographs displayed, I have ordered the FZ45, and expect it to be here by the end of the week.... The camera is for my wife, but IF I find that I can use it then I shall be ordering a second one..
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdromel View Post
Yes, you can take good photos with the latest cameras, but what is happening (or is being suggested) is that you have to stand on your ear to do it.

The pixel stuffed cameras are becoming no longer P&S.
Correct the more advanced the Super Zooms have become the more advanced the photographer has to become to "keep up"...for enthusiast like most of the folks on the forum it is good...but a challenge for folks that just want an "Auto" Mode camera so the camera does the selecting for them...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote