Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:30 PM   #1

Default FZ45 Ordered

Hi all, just heard that the new camera will be here on Wednesday. I was thinking about accessories, in the way of lenses, how good is the camera without the teleconvertor or the macro lens. Can someone show me the with and without photographs for a comparison. Must admit, at the price of these accessories they have to be very, very special before I would buy them...
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:54 PM   #2

Geoff, I own an FZ35 so I won't post any examples, but just my opinion here: I think it depends a lot on what type of photography you plan to do. I LOVE macro, so I own the close-up conversion lens. On the other hand, we don't have too many pretty birds or animals where I live, so I haven't gotten the tele-converter yet.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:22 PM   #3

Thanks Saly, I should have said that my wife who I am buying the camera for is a wild life artist, so the tele- converter would be good for long distant shots and the macro ideal for fine detail.....
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:39 PM   #4

Ah, OK. Then I sympathize with you because the teleconverter lens is expensive.... But they take amazing shots. Just check out some of LTZ's posts. You should check with him on exactly which model to get, there are several different ones out there.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:38 PM   #6

It looks like I may have to buy an early Birthday present..... LTZ470 those shots are amazing. Does it all become apparent as too how the Tele-converter fits the camera when you have it to hand, or is it somewhat technical....
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftay2 View Post
It looks like I may have to buy an early Birthday present..... LTZ470 those shots are amazing. Does it all become apparent as too how the Tele-converter fits the camera when you have it to hand, or is it somewhat technical....
The teleconverter attaches to an adapter which then attaches to the lens shroud on the camera.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm
Canon EF-S 55-250mm
Canon EF-s 50mm
Olympus XZ-1
David_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_MC View Post
The teleconverter attaches to an adapter which then attaches to the lens shroud on the camera.
And the close-up conversion lens attaches to the same adapter.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:42 PM   #9

Well it's worth knowing that I only need one adapter... Thank you both for your input..
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:46 AM   #10

Geoff you require DMW-LA5 it is 60.8mm Male Thread (Threads to Outer Lens Barrel of FZ45) X 55mm Female Thread (The DMW-LC55, DMW-LT55, TCON 17 all have 55mm Male Threads on them and will readily fit this adapter) for the Canon TC's they are mostly 58mm Male Thread you will require a 55mm Male X 58mm Female Step Up Adapter for the TC-E15ED it is 50mm and you woulf require the 55mm Male X 50mm Female Step Down Adapter for the TC-E17ED you would require a 55mm Male X 60mm Female Step Up Adapter Ring
These folks can help you stateside IDK about the UK dealers?
http://www.2filter.com/
http://www.pemaraal.com/
http://www.bowerusa.com/
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote