Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:43 PM   #1

Default FZ40 Accessories

New to the forum though I have been a lurker for a while and have greatly appreciated the photos and advice offered here.

I just purchased the FZ40 this past weekend and am getting to "know" the camera. I've printed the user tips offered here which I know will help me get started.

This summer I have a three week trip planned to the Beijing China area and North Korea (yes, North Korea) and intend to put the camera to good use. Unfortunately the trip coincides with their rainy season, so I would like to find a leather or rubber skin or case or something that would fit over the camera to protect the body. It doesn't have to be waterproof but anything that would better protect the camera if I'm caught in a downpour as well as from wear and tear would be better than nothing at all.

Has anyone found any accessories for this camera? Thanks in advance.
toujoursdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:33 PM   #2

Hi, welcome on board

I have no idea about waterproof covers, but am fascinated that you're going to North Korea - look forward to seeing your photos.

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:01 PM   #3

If you want to spend a lot of money, there are things like this out there on the web..
http://www.stormjacket.com/SJ_ORDER.html

Or, I've seen people use shower caps. Honest!
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:53 PM   #4

Backyard Permaculture (Love that s/n, BTW): I'll definitely come back and post photos when I return.

saly: Thanks for the lead. I may try a shower cap first but the Stormjack option looks interesting too! Thanks again.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:54 PM   #5

Perhaps you may be able to find an old leather 35mm case that would fit. Please don't photograph anything suspicious looking in N Korea, we want you to make it back.
Craigj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:16 PM   #6

Thanks. :-)

I'll be on a group tour with a respected, British run, Beijing based tour group (http://www.koryogroup.com/index.php).

There is at least one western guide and two English speaking North Korean government minders on each trip. They tell you what you can photograph and if you shoot something wrong, they just take your camera, delete the photo on the spot and hand it back.

You're not allowed to go anywhere on your own, which means it's hard to get into too much trouble.

Last edited by toujoursdan; Jan 25, 2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Clarity