Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:46 AM   #11

I took the advice from this forum and bought a ZS7 and I think it is a great camera, like LTZ said limit ISO to 400 and you have no problems with picture quality.

Bob
rebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 4:28 PM   #12

@LTZ hope so i find a good deal

@OZtraveller thanks for your reply..i can only carry camera in most of the situations,carrying a slave flash will not be suitable for me

@Tullio yes you are absolutely right

@rebs can you share some photos with iA and iR and with flash+iso400 if u can.i will be highly obliged
funktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:45 PM   #13

funktastic
go to this link on my flicker and there are quite a few pics from my ZS7. click on actions and view the exif for each picture to see the camera settings. There is also a set I took with a Nikon S8100

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5713549...7625728152447/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5713549...7625728159729/

Bob

Last edited by rebs; Jan 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:52 PM   #14

If you have access to Costco, keep an eye out on their Panasonic ZS6s. I know one person who picked it up for $135 dollars when they were clearing out their stock! And the best thing is that at Costco, if you don't like it, you have 90 days to return it!

The differences between the ZS6 and ZS7 are minimal - the ZS6 only lacks the GPS of the ZS7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktastic View Post
@LTZ hope so i find a good deal

It's not universally pocketable - it is quite a big lump in my pants pocket and I don't wear anything particularly baggy or tight.
Quote:
@OZtraveller thanks for your reply..i can only carry camera in most of the situations,carrying a slave flash will not be suitable for me

Personally I think IQ is fine up to ISO 800.

ISO 800:

Quote:
@rebs can you share some photos with iA and iR and with flash+iso400 if u can.i will be highly obliged
TechOutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:48 PM   #15

@techoutsider thanks for helping. i dont really need GPS but going for ZS7 as it is more reknowned.
At ISO 800 it is acceptable with some PP.

I am living in Pakistan so here Panasonic have no outlet so i cant check it personally.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:13 PM   #16

The geese shot is an outdoor shot and looks fine, but iso 400 and above indoors does not look fine, at least not to me.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:44 AM   #17

@rebs Which is better ZS7 or S8100? In indoor lighting with flash
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:40 AM   #18

Quote:
@rebs Which is better ZS7 or S8100? In indoor lighting with flash

I have returned the ZS7 in favor of the S8100. The S8100 with its backside illuminated cmos sensor is far better for low light with and without the flash. During indoor shots under low light, you need to hold the camera steady, as with any other camera. Lean on a door frame, furniture etc whatever is available. Whenever you photograph kids or pets as well as other moving objects you miss the shot if you have to take time to change settings on your camera. The S8100 will serve you fine in auto mode with flash in auto mode as well. If you are getting red eye in your shots you can set the flash to red eye mode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5713549...7625728159729/

Bob

Last edited by rebs; Feb 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:27 PM   #19

@rebs thnaks again. Are there any manual controls on the S8100? I'll not shoot kids or I dont have pets. I usually hangout with friends (mainly in night) was only worried about night shots with flash on ZS7 (this is the only the thing i m worried about it). Can be manual settings done to get the right shot?