Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:14 PM   #1

Default some early on FZ100 shots

LTZ suggested I repost these for any new fz100 owners just to see some possibilities. I took these when I first got the camera in August and before these was much posted about the fz100. I am very much a novice at photography and these are all sooc, a few could probably use a bit of cropping.
Attached Images

VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:07 AM   #2

Still as beautiful as ever...thanks so much for posting...I am going to make sure I do at least one car show with the FZ100 and use some of your compositional skills...lol..

Last edited by LTZ470; Jan 27, 2011 at 9:11 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Still as beautiful as ever...thanks so much for posting...I am going to make sure I do at least one car show with the FZ100 and use some of your compositional skills...lol..
The colour in these still strikes me as gorgeous though I take no credit for it myself, it is all the camera! For the first time ever in my life I am actually looking forward to car show season so I can try to get some more interesting shots. But shhhh..... don't tell my husband! I have told him that I will want to get to shows early though to try to get pics before there are too many people around. He likes to get there around noon when all the cars have arrived but by then it's often too crowded to get decent shots.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:31 PM   #4

Great pics, and what beautiful colours, you caught the light and reflections perfectly... OK, so the camera is good, it's still the person behind it that makes for the composition..

..Geoff..
Attached Images

geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:05 AM   #5

Beautiful. I've just added "car show" to my list of things I have to shot before I die.

Great shots.

My Flickr

Joe Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:42 PM   #6

By all means Joe, add "car show" to your list. There are no end of interesting ways to shoot cars or even just a small part of a car. Bonus is that they don't move and are nice 'n shiny & pretty, all ready for their "close-ups"!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:47 PM   #7

Vncvr - really cool shots! I love the "wide-angle" yellow car (I think it would be ever nicer if you crop out the wood pallets in the back...).

Shooting cars is really tough, so my hats off to you. There is a lot of information online on how to. Time of day (dusk and dawn gives best reflection on the car body), and camera position (closer to ground can be effective), etc, etc.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote