Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1

Default FZ35 tele conversion lens LT55

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience using this Panasonic TC lens as I would like to take closer photos of birds?
It is quite expensive in West Oz at AU$343.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:10 AM   #2

You can see if anyone has the TCON17 Olympus, but the best of all which I think you can still get there is the Nikon TC-E17ED but you would require a 55mm-60mm Adapter Ring...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3

yes..no doubt that E17ED is excellent TC and LTZ has mastered the skill in using it as you can see in his different post.
let me add that i have canon TL55-55mm TC which i always keep mounted on my fz35 using LA3 adaptor without any ring(same as TCON17), it has 1.4X zoom, and can be handheld without much problem as its light weight and most important for me atleast its cheap..! I tried to buy TCON17 here but in vain..!
hope this information is useful to you..have a nice day..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:43 PM   #4

G'day banksy

Nice to see your Q ... I have a similar desire
"caveat emptor" ~

A year ago I ordered what I thought was the correct TC for my panny from the Canon agent in Sydney
What arrived was quite obviously incorrect, but they refused to accept a return and swap, so after 3 months the lens went in the bin. $249 down the drain

I've recently received some other stuff from the U.S. and it's also not been correct: I get no replies from the supplier to my emailed query / complaint [but I do get their unwanted sales emails] - so again another $150 went into the bin

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:56 PM   #5

I've got the LT55 and I've posted some shots with it here (all except the first two butterfly shots): http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...-lt55-zoo.html

I'm very happy with it but haven't managed any small bird shots yet - hoping to when the light improves here.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:17 PM   #6
csa

Martin, those are wonderful shots; extremely good detail! I think this is the route I'm going to take; the Canon.
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:24 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for your comments. I can't seem to get the Nikon lens here but I have since found Amazon has a much better price for the Panasonic LT55 so that may be the way to go. Lyn
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:07 PM   #8

Hi Banksy

If you're still looking for a TC - and the suggestion above is possibly to find an Olympus TCON-17 as an alternative — I bought the Olympus TCON-17 this week from Camera Warehouse in Sydney for AU$199 + courier charges (AU$15). The Olympus B-300 TC is said to be the same lens - I priced it at AU$361 from City Notebook Centre in Melbourne. I have to use an adapter to mount the TCON-17 to my Olympus SP590 UZ.

Can't wait for the weekend (and some brighter weather than we've been having) to give it a good tryout!

Cheers

Bernice

Last edited by onlooker; Feb 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:54 PM   #9

Thanks Bernice, what adaptor do you use? I have the Panasonic lens adaptor for the close up lens which also fits the Panasonic tele converter lens. One less adaptor to buy would be nice. Cheers Lyn
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:02 PM   #10

Lyn
I've got the Olympus CLA-11 lens adapter, but just did a quick search on Olympus Australia and couldn't find it to give you its specifications. Will see if the specs are on the papeerwork which came with the adapter when I get home from work tonight. (I bought the adapter awhile ago to use with a CPL). Though I'm pretty sure that the end of the TCON-17 which screws into the adapter is 55mm.

Cheers
Bernice

Last edited by onlooker; Feb 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM.
onlooker is offline   Reply With Quote