Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:22 PM   #1

Default Instructions...

Any one else apart from me, find the instruction Manuel CD supplied with the FZ45 hard to follow. All this jumping from page to page makes me feel dizzy. Why can't Panasonic just put every thing in order, and write it in a BOOK....

.. Geoff...................
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:11 AM   #2

All the manufactures do this Geoff, but the manuals are all available online as well as any updated firmware...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:31 PM   #3

Geoff-

It is exactly for that reason that I posted a new website, beginning on 31 January 2011, devoted to learning, sharing, and to be a center where all FZ40/45 users, but in particular new FZ40/45 users, could ask questions and access a Learning Center that puts all important data in a single convenient place.

The Learning Center will have a weekly article on a particular item. This week it is a detailed explanation of the FZ40/45's REC (Record) Menu, detailing the "whys and the wherefores" of each menu selection and how they interface with each other throughout the FZ40/45. I will be posting that article today, 02 February.

So please consider this a personal invitation to drop by the new website and to check it out.

www.panasonicFZ40enthusiasts.shutterfly.com

The website is filled with good information.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:46 PM   #4

I'm with you Geoff - I handy pocket size book (ok a bit on the hefty side) with all the info that the disk contains would do the trick nicely. That way when we have a problem or some camera trick/function that we want to try when out and about, we can have a quick peek and off we go. I'd be quite happy sitting in the sun with my camera and the instructions in the middle of nowhere practicing - nothing nicer.

Do have a look at Sarah's site, lots of good, simply explained info and tips.
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:57 PM   #5

Thanks, Dyane-

I started the website because a lot of my students were looking for a good FZ40/45 informational resource. It is only 2 1/2 days old, but I work on it everyday.

Sarah Joyce
www.panasonicfz40enthusiasts.shutterfly.com
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:01 PM   #6

Thanks for the link and your input there Sarah. I have had a look and I can see this is going to be really helpful, much appreciated.
Bumblebee65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:23 PM   #7

Sarah, keep going with the site - you have done a brilliant job in 2 1/2 days. I have added it to my favourites list for quick access - thanks once again.
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:19 PM   #8

Just checked your site Sarah Joyce, and added it to my favorites bar....Thank you so much..

I have spent the day printing the pages from the disk, so my wife can sit down and study them at her leisure, instead of being reliant on me. She does not get on too well with computers, and I know for a fact that their are others just like her......
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:47 PM   #9

Thank you Dyane, Geoff, and Bumblebee-

I appreciate your support. It seems very slow getting this website going. Right now I am working on it about 2+ hours per day. Initially it took 5 or 6 hours per day to pull everything together and get it up on the website.

I am glad to know it is helpful for people.

Sarah Joyce
www.panasonicfz40enthusiasts.shutterfly.com

Last edited by mtclimber; Feb 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:11 PM   #10

Sarah! Thank you SO much for this website! As a beginner with this camera, it will be a huge help. You deserve a great deal of thanks for us novice users- something more camera groups should do... just shows that there is a very good support community for the Lumix cameras!
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote