Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:37 AM   #1

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Default Would this be possible with an FZ40/45? Start of a race ;-)

Would it be possible to make similar pix with a Panny FZ40/45?

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Your-...ul-eyes/428809

Looking forward for the first pix ;-)

Cheers,

Stefan
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:12 AM   #2

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

My first pic, just with the macro function of the FZ40/45 without any converter.

Macro 3x, f8.0, 1/20, ISO400, ooc, scaled (GIMP)
Attached Images

Last edited by StefanS; Feb 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:13 PM   #3

not sure if that is possible, even with a macro add on.
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 4:06 PM   #4

no idea how that was done, would love to know what camera and lenses etc were used. V v v interesting. Keep trying Stefan. It is something that I want to have a go at as well. Have a couple of work colleagues with gorgeous eyes and lashes and have thought of asking them to pose for me for exactly this purpose - to get eye close ups. Looking forward to seeing you next try.
DyaneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 4:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyaneG View Post
no idea how that was done, would love to know what camera and lenses etc were used. V v v interesting. Keep trying Stefan. It is something that I want to have a go at as well. Have a couple of work colleagues with gorgeous eyes and lashes and have thought of asking them to pose for me for exactly this purpose - to get eye close ups. Looking forward to seeing you next try.

Dyane,

thanks for your comments.
In a German forum:

http://www.dslr-forum.de/showthread.php?t=825087&page=3

There is a kind of challenge, which inspired me. There you can see pix, which are made with a DSLR with a macro lens and flash or a combination of a macro lens and a 50 mm objective in reverse orientation and flash. On the page before thre is a pic made with a 105er Sigma Macro on a D700, Striplight left, distance ca. 810 cm.

I think with an Raynox or an LC55 the result should be much better than my first try. The most tricky thing is to focus on the own eye without any help. It should be much easier to photograph the eyes of your colleagues.

Cheers,

Stefan
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:24 PM   #6

nice shots on the forum. Agree, with the rayonx or LC55 something similar should be possible with the FZ45. I'm in work tomorrow, so I might just take my camera with me !!!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:37 PM   #7

Hi Dyane,

I ordered the DWM-LC55 and the DWM-LA5E yesterday evening and can hardly wait for it ;-)

It would be very interesting for me to see your pix tomorrow!!

The illumination is very important and tricky.

For this kind of pix it is important to take highest apperture value (8.0) for a good DoF and the shortest shutter time possible (1/20 is to long due to the camera shaking and the contractions of the muscles which controls the iris).

Good luck :-)

Cheers,

Stefan
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:53 PM   #8

Eye shot with the DWM-LC55.

It seems, there is no improvement to the first picture.

Does have anybody some suggestions how to improve these kind of picture?

Cheers,

Stefan
Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:48 PM   #9

Hi Ya - was the shot hand held or tripod??? I have had some time off work, hence no eye shots from me. I cant wait to try. What was the ISO setting and how far away were you from the eye??

Keep me updated for sure - Dyane
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:01 PM   #10

stefan - the challenge is to be able to focus on the iris of the eye rather than the cornea. The camera wants to auto-focus on the first solid part it "sees", which is the cornea surface. I think you have to manual focus.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote