Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:39 PM   #11

Pop-

Here is photo #2. Below I have also posted a link to a full resolution image of photo#2.

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Ar...30_coLeo-L.jpg

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Feb 11, 2011 at 1:30 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:46 PM   #12

Here is photo #3. I have also posted a link below to a full resolution copy of the attached photo.

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Ar...45_xFPvG-L.jpg

The point I am trying to make is this: The camera used can perhaps have less to do with the photo image quality, than the user's photo experience and photo knowledge.

So, I am not really sure that purchasing a Pentax Kx will instantly improve your image quality.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Feb 11, 2011 at 1:32 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:47 PM   #13

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Pop-

Here is photo #2.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah Joyce,

could it be possible, that the focus is behind the seagull?
The waves and rock looks much sharper for me than the seagull.

Cheers,

Stefan
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:48 PM   #14

I think it comes down to what you want to shoot, the FZ's are great megazooms. But like I said earlier. It has it's limitations.

Not idea for fast action stuff like sports. Or low light out of flash range or when you can not use a longer exposure time. Also there my be times a flash is not suitable.

There are give an takes with all the camera including a dslr. The dslr is a larger camera, with more cost. But it gives you a ton of room to grow in which ever way you want to take your photography. There is no perfect camera that can do everything.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:50 PM   #15

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

I think, photo 1 is taken with the Canon A3000, photo 2 with the Canon SX130 and photo 3 with the Olympus E-600 DSLR.

I am right?

But it is really a beautiful place where you live d'-'b
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:53 PM   #16

Pop-

I am not entirely please with the website's upload system. Each of these photos seem to have lost some image quality using the upload system.

The bottom line, Pop is this: I am happy to work to work with you and to get your photo skills improved. So the next move is up to you. I am ready when you are ready.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:54 PM   #17

It is just guess when it is reduce for the web. 100% crops are really need to see the difference when you are using reduce photo to compare IQ. There is a sticky about that.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:58 PM   #18

Stefan-

I think you are 100% correct on Photo #2. Spot focus was NOT used and the camera focused in the wrong place.

Regarding your camera guesses: I am sorry to say that they are incorrect. The first photo was from the Olympus E-600, the Second from the Canon A3000, and the third photo from the Canon SX130.

My plan was to next shoot photos with the FZ28, FZ40, and the Pentax Kx, but Arnold went on his way. Perhaps I can give it another try tomorrow (12Feb) morning.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:00 PM   #19

Shoturtle-

I will post full size image links as well.

Follow-up: A link to a full resolution copy of each of the three photos is now posted in the post for each photo.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Feb 11, 2011 at 1:34 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 1:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Stefan-

I think you are 100% correct on Photo #2. Spot focus was NOT used and the camera focused in the wrong place.

Regarding your camera guesses: I am sorry to say that they are incorrect. The first photo was from the Olympus E-600, the Second from the Canon A3000, and the third photo from the Canon SX130.

My plan was to next shoot photos with the FZ28, FZ40, and the Pentax Kx, but Arnold went on his way. Perhaps I can give it another try tomorrow (12Feb) morning.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah,

this comparism is really impressive and astonishing and shows, that you didn't need an expensive or so called professional camera to take good pictures.

I am just a newbie, but I learn more and more the FZ40/45 and like it more and more from shot to shot ;-)

You give really a great encouragement and help, thanks a lot for this and please proceed.

Cheers,

Stefan