Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
This is really aimed at LTZ470, but if others know the answer please feel free to reply.

When you refer to the TCON17 teleconveter, which version is suitable for the FZ40/45? When I Google I find the following results

TCON17 for C5050, C760, C765

TCON17 for SP310, 320, 350

TCON17 for SP31

TCON17F 200357 (marked as Olympus America)

TCON17C

Also, when you refer to the Raynox 250 Macro attachment, will it fit directly to the front of the FZ40/45 lens or does it require an adapter?

Thanks in advance.
RE: TCON17. The one you want is the TCON-17 with no other letters added. You may also want to do a search for an Olympus B300. They are virtually the same thing. Olympus changed the designation later down the line for some reason.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanS View Post
LTZ470,

thanks a lot, but in Germany it is really difficult to get the Nikon TC-E17ED for an acceptable price. It is much easier to get the Olympus TCON-17 or Panasonic DWM-LT55.

Cheers, Stefan
the only tc-e17ed i could find was in germany last week ,
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:EF:DE:1123
stesteste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:27 PM   #13

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
the only tc-e17ed i could find was in germany last week ,
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:EF:DE:1123

Thanks a lot stesteste,

this TC-17ED is just sold, although it was damaged (scatches on the front lens). There are some offers for about 470,- to 500,- Euros for new TC-17EDs.

Is the TC-17ED really so much better than the TCON-17, which costs only 120,- Euros?

Cheers,

Stefan
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks a lot stesteste,

this TC-17ED is just sold, although it was damaged (scatches on the front lens). There are some offers for about 470,- to 500,- Euros for new TC-17EDs.

Is the TC-17ED really so much better than the TCON-17, which costs only 120,- Euros?

Cheers,

Stefan
it was me who bought the lens it came with 55mm-60mm adapter ring tripod mount, bag,boxed manaul,the scratch on it isnt really a scratch just a mark hardly noticable and no difference in pic quality i havnt had the chance to test it properly as its always raining in UK,IVE HAD ALL THE TELECONVETORS OVER THE FZ YEARS ALL HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT EVEN TRYED STACKING IT WITH THE TC-15ED WOOOW COUDNT BELIEVE HOW FAR IT ZOOMED TRY POST SOME PICS
CHEERS
Old Feb 16, 2011, 4:50 AM   #15

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Which teleconverter would you propose for best results (IQ and magnification), the TCON-17 or the TC15ED, since it is hard to get the TC17ED? I will use the teleconverter on my FZ40/45 for birding and wildlife photography.

Cheers,

Stefan
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Which teleconverter would you propose for best results (IQ and magnification), the TCON-17 or the TC15ED, since it is hard to get the TC17ED? I will use the teleconverter on my FZ40/45 for birding and wildlife photography.

Cheers,

Stefan
LOOK HERE http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/index.html

THE TC-15ED CAN BE BOUGHT FOR 40/50 ON EBAY AND ITS POCKET SIZED IF YOU CUT IT DOWN LIKE I DID AND SHARPER PICS ,ALL THE TELECONS ARE GOOD TBH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5882624...7626024540182/
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:42 PM   #17

Default teleconverters for FZ100

I ordered the Panasonic 1.7x teleconverter only to find that it is back ordered everywhere. The vendor tried to sell me a Panasonic 2.2x teleconverter, which he said is new. I don't find it anywhere on the internet. Has anyone seen this or is this vendor trying to sell me an inferior no-name product?
melbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:43 PM   #18

Must the TC15ED be cut down for sharper pix or just to reduce the size? Which adapter would you propose?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Must the TC15ED be cut down for sharper pix or just to reduce the size? Which adapter would you propose?
NO DONT HAVE TO CUT DOWN
cutting gives a lighter and smaller TC with a slightly better IQ and reduced vignetting at lower zoom settings,POCKET SIZE
MORE INFO HERE
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=29807378
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:32 PM   #20

Guys i think its a case of which comes up for sale first there all close only when pixel peeping can u see the difference the tc17ed is really sharp but rare.just buy and enjoy i was going to buy the lt55 but was out of stock so was the oly thats when i turned to ebay