Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:03 AM   #11

Raghu, thanks for the memories: I was last in Agra in 2007 (in fact twice that year) and really enjoyed the amazing Agra Fort. In my opinion it is just as interesting (and with more history) than the far more photographed and talked about Taj Mahal just a few km up the road.
Regards
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnnet View Post
In my opinion it is just as interesting (and with more history) than the far more photographed and talked about Taj Mahal just a few km up the road.
I agree. Though a major portion of the Fort is occupied by the Indian Army, the rest that is open to public has substantial history, as you pointed out, that one needs several hours to walk around to get a grasp. The spot of Shah Jahan's last days offering a very distant view of the Taj Mahal makes us pity the Emperor, but at the same time, the recent telecast in National Geographic brought out the plight of common people that the construction of Taj Mahal inflicted on them and the economy, forcing Aurangazeb to dethrone him. (The photo below only shows the balcony of Shah Jahan's private luxury prison, the Taj Mahal is not seen)

Last edited by Raghu; Feb 20, 2011 at 3:23 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:52 PM   #13

Raghu, yes the Fort is rather large and wish I could have spent far more time there.
The misty view (from the Fort) of the Taj Mahal and the river, is still stuck in my mind.

Last edited by dbnnet; Feb 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote