Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 1, 2004, 7:57 PM   #1

Default FZ1 and FZ10 Batteries from e-bay-- are they any good?

Does anyone know of a good source of batteries for the FZ10?

Are the non-Panasonic ones offered on ebay any good? Did any one buy it for the FZ-1?

Can the DMW-BM7 BATTERY replacement battery advertized on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43447 )
replace the Panasonic CGA - S002A that came with the camera?

What about the
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=30020

I've had bad luck with Sony 'replacement batteries' and wondered if any of you have had good luck.

Thank you.

Rob
robsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:03 AM   #2

Default Replacement batteries for FZ1 / FZ10

Your first link is a good supplier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43447
That's Eagle Imports. I've bought from them with good results and so have several other people who post in various forums.
Don't know about the second link one way or the other.
Charlie Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2004, 1:27 PM   #3

I got one from Eagle Imports on ebay and it works fine in the FZ10.
Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2004, 2:11 PM   #4

Default Re: FZ1 and FZ10 Batteries from e-bay-- are they any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmith
Does anyone know of a good source of batteries for the FZ10?

Are the non-Panasonic ones offered on ebay any good? Did any one buy it for the FZ-1?

Can the DMW-BM7 BATTERY replacement battery advertized on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43447 )
replace the Panasonic CGA - S002A that came with the camera?
Yes (to all of the above). The batteries from Eagle Imports are fine. I've been using one for a few months, no problems.

FZ1 Battery Discussion
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:33 PM   #5

Default FZ1 and FZ10 Batteries

Eagle imports is good guys. 19.95 plus shipping
phone 801-463-1418. or www.eagleimports.com
I recieved mine today and it is a perfict match for the one that came with my FZ10
Chuckiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 8:57 AM   #6

Had a look on Eagleimports and the battery they show is the DMW-BM7.
Is this suitable for the FZ10?
Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 9:04 AM   #7

Yes, FZ1/2/10 all use the same battery.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:33 PM   #8

I second (or is it third?) the recommendation for the Eagle Imports batteries. Out of three that I own -- the original battery, another genuine Panasonic battery, and the Eagle Imports battery -- I get the best results from the Eagle Imports battery.

I bought the genuine Panasonic battery via eBay from a guy in Hong Kong. I can't recommend this battery or the source because the first battery he sent me wouldn't fully charge. He did send a replacement, but I had to send the first one back to him (remember -- it's Hong Kong!), and that wasn't cheap and required me to lie on the customs forms or it would've been even more expensive. It's just not worth it to get the genuine article when the Eagle Imports batteries perform so well.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:48 PM   #9

I glad you pionted out the Hong Kong connection. I was considering getting one from that source, but couldn't wait for the battery to arrive from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffZeeOne
I second (or is it third?) the recommendation for the Eagle Imports batteries. Out of three that I own -- the original battery, another genuine Panasonic battery, and the Eagle Imports battery -- I get the best results from the Eagle Imports battery.

I bought the genuine Panasonic battery via eBay from a guy in Hong Kong. I can't recommend this battery or the source because the first battery he sent me wouldn't fully charge. He did send a replacement, but I had to send the first one back to him (remember -- it's Hong Kong!), and that wasn't cheap and required me to lie on the customs forms or it would've been even more expensive. It's just not worth it to get the genuine article when the Eagle Imports batteries perform so well.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:20 PM   #10

The one from Hong Kong arrives faster than other things I've bought on eBay within the USA, but I just don't know how much I trust they're genuine Panasonics, because they don't seem to perform up to par with either the one that came with my camera or the generic one that I bought.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote