Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Well done Cole - you certainly have a knack for great pictures.
Thanks Clint it's really the GH series camera's are just great...they are awesome camera's...still not a very good people photog...FZ35 is feeling neglected, lol, but I used it a lot out on the rig this time...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:55 PM   #12

Both Sarah and Cole make great points about portrait shots. When I took these shots; taking a portrait shot was the last thing on my mind. And I was just so excited that they turned out as good as they did that I forgot about doing some post processing like cropping, brightness, contrast, etc... But next time I do get a portrait shot I will have to remember those points.

When I take pictures of people, I don't care to do the "stand here and smile" type of shot. I like the snap a picture on a moments notice style. I think they come out more natural than a "staged" picture, and every so often you catch your subject just right and end up with these kind of pictures.

So, far the best thing I like about this camera is it will take pictures as fast as I can press the shutter button. And I have the option to take burst pics, or slow things down. There is just so many different option and ways to take pics with this camera that I never had before. I see a lot of fun picture taking coming in my near future.
Da Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:56 PM   #13

Da Wolf-

I am sure that like the FZ40, the FZ100 has it own unique "sweet spot." On the FZ40 the sweet spot is at at 80 0r 100 ISO. I have attached a photo sample that nicely demonstrates the the image quality is actually enhanced in this ISO 100 photo.

You might try to find that FZ100 "sweet spot" as it will enhance the FZ100's image quality.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:53 AM   #14

Thanks Sarah will have to try that. I can't remember which ISO those pics were taken at.
Da Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:24 PM   #15

do you remember what settings you used for this great pictures?
fripon27 is offline   Reply With Quote