Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:33 PM   #1

Default EFV Question

I have been using the EFV but find it uncomfortabe/hard on the brow. Is there a a way to reduce that? Is there a rubber part i can get to put on it? If so where from and what would the part number be?
Thanks
E.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:44 PM   #2

On another forum, someone says you can buy from Hong Kong at approx $3.50

In the picture, the EVF looks different to the FX45... unless they have modified it.

Looks like they cut some of the rubber off the eye piece and glued it to the FZ40, not sure I would want to do that

Last edited by Square one; Feb 21, 2011 at 6:10 PM. Reason: added extra information
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:19 AM   #3

I wear glasses & found if I used the EVF I was scratching my prescription lenses so I got a bit of sticky-one-side dense foam (it was some sort of discarded packing material & fortunately black, but I think you might find it in craft shops) & cut narrow strips then stuck them around the eyepiece to make a soft cushioned edge. Will not last forever, but easily replaced & no damage to the camera. Such a small expense of a soft edged eyepiece on the part of the manufacturer is obviously too much to ask - those who design cameras etc perhaps do not use them in the field & realise little details make all the difference!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:45 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. Sqaure One i don't want to mess with glueing stuff on my camera, might mess things up.
Brownie, what a good idea. I thought there might be a piece to buy but seems not. Will have to see what i can find and do your do-it-yourself thing especially when no damage is caused. Thanks. E.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote