Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:03 AM   #11

Great shots Saly - I have been thinking seriously about the LT55 for my FZ35 as I am already a convert to the close up lens.

Thanks also LTZ for the piccy of the setup
Do you mind if I ask what tripod and head you are using?

Cheers
Lyn
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:33 AM   #12

Very good photographs... This makes us try harder to try to reach your results...!Congratulations!a.
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:53 AM   #13

Saly,

Wow! Very impressive, all very nice. # 5 is my favorite. Love the look of the water and the reflections that it provides.

JJ

Last edited by jjdog2; Feb 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:10 AM   #14

That was the Aluminum Manfrotto and Manfrotto Ball Head...BUT it is the wron setup...it is HEAVY and COLD/HOT to the touch...start out with a Carbon Fiber and the smallest Ball Head thats is easy to use and LIGHT...
They have many Carbon Fiber Tripods at great prices now...and the lighter it is the more you will use it...I use the Aluminum around home now and thats it...
I like the Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head light and easy...and the Manfrotto 055CXPro3 but both can be bought in a different brand much cheaper now like Adorama has the Flashpoint...
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksy View Post
Great shots Saly - I have been thinking seriously about the LT55 for my FZ35 as I am already a convert to the close up lens.

Thanks also LTZ for the piccy of the setup
Do you mind if I ask what tripod and head you are using?

Cheers
Lyn
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
That was the Aluminum Manfrotto and Manfrotto Ball Head...BUT it is the wron setup...it is HEAVY and COLD/HOT to the touch...start out with a Carbon Fiber and the smallest Ball Head thats is easy to use and LIGHT...
They have many Carbon Fiber Tripods at great prices now...and the lighter it is the more you will use it...I use the Aluminum around home now and thats it...
I like the Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head light and easy...and the Manfrotto 055CXPro3 but both can be bought in a different brand much cheaper now like Adorama has the Flashpoint...
I recently bought the carbon fiber Manfrotto 732CY tripod. It only weighs 2.1 lb (<1kg) and it's great! My head is a fluid head Manfrotto 701HDV, which is light (2 lb) but overkill for a camera, but my husband wanted to be able to use it for shooting video.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:13 PM   #16

Thanks LTZ and Saly, I will check them out.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote