Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumprat View Post
After pouring through tons of information. The FZ100 is not what I am after. Size is an important factor for me. And after using the FZ18 for a number of years. I really don't need something with a 24X zoom.

So at this point I am down to the FZ35, or FZ40. What I really need now is some real world observations. If any of you have owned both cameras. It would be great to hear how they compared.

If you are looking for something small and want to stay with a Panasonic, the ZS7 is producing really impressive images. Look through this forum and you'll see a few.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:07 PM   #12

For pocket carry. I have a ZS6 that I am happy with right now for it's intended purpose.
I am still looking to replace the FZ18. It met my needs for using polarized filters and other add ons.
stumprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:48 PM   #13

The fz40 was my first Panasonic, so I can't directly compare. But as far as I can see from all the shots people have come up with is that the image quality is as good as the fz35, and you get a bigger zoom and one or two additional features (including wider exposure bracketing). Get the fz40

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:55 AM   #14

Stumprat - if you're interrested go here and look at the pictures I've taken with the FZ35, FZ40 and FZ100.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Clint501/MoreWildThings#

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:18 PM   #15

You guys are great. Thanks for all the info. Based on some of your input. And some obsessive research. I have decided that the FZ35 fits my needs perfectly.

It seems to be the same size as my old FZ18. Which is perfect. Being able to use other (cheaper batteries) is also a factor. As far as the 18X zoom. That is what my FZ18 had. And it fit my needs just fine.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:24 PM   #16

Congratulations, Stumprat-

Your FZ35 decision is an excellent one. We will look forward to seeing some of your posted photos.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:08 PM   #17

Decided to go with the FZ35. It showed up today. Everything seems to be in check so far.

I really like having the Fn button!!!!!! My old FZ18 didn't have that.

My only complaint so far. WHY CAN"T THEY SEND A PRINTED OWNERS MANUAL ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very frustrating. I like to keep them in my camera bag for reference.