Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:32 PM   #11

eysha: I think most people here have already explained about the image stabilizing lenses for DSLR - just wanted to add one more thing. If you get a interchangeable lens camera (like a DSLR), the lens and camera have to be of the same make (brand) for the lens stabilizer to work. For example, when I use my Panasonic GF1 with my Olympus 300mm lens, the stabilizer systems are not compatible. If I had a Panasonic 300mm lens, the stabilizer would work, except that lens costs about $200-$300 more.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:45 PM   #12

Thanks Saly, not looking to a DSLR at the moment but you never kow, i might win the lottery, lol.
I take it from what you say that if i bought a DSLR Pansonic i could use the lenses i have? Did i get that right?
Back to reading and studying, my old head is overflowing,lol.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Thanks Saly, not looking to a DSLR at the moment but you never kow, i might win the lottery, lol.
I take it from what you say that if i bought a DSLR Pansonic i could use the lenses i have? Did i get that right?
Back to reading and studying, my old head is overflowing,lol.
eysha - kind of. Every camera brand has a different thread/mount for the lens. So you will need to buy an adapter. If you want to use an auto focus lens, then you need an adapter that has electrical connection built in, so the camera can command the lens to focus. These adapters can be expensive. If you have an old fashioned non-auto focus lens, then you can buy cheaper straight adapters, but you have to focus manually by turning the ring round the lens.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:08 PM   #14

Sounds complicated and expense,lol. Thanks Saly

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote