Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2011, 6:30 PM   #11

Thanks for all the replies and helpful suggestions. I'm sure I will have some opportunity to try other shots in the near future.

I know, I said "nothing special." Perhaps my standard is too high. At the risk of offending people here, below are a few images I shot last Summer with my Canon AS1100IS. You will understand why I am expecting better cooperation with these buck of the previous postings.

These are not altered, PP, or tampered in any way. I have many others, but this selection should give you an idea of my expectations.
Attached Images

roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger53 View Post
Thanks for all the replies and helpful suggestions. I'm sure I will have some opportunity to try other shots in the near future.

I know, I said "nothing special." Perhaps my standard is too high. At the risk of offending people here, below are a few images I shot last Summer with my Canon AS1100IS. You will understand why I am expecting better cooperation with these buck of the previous postings.

These are not altered, PP, or tampered in any way. I have many others, but this selection should give you an idea of my expectations.
Roger, I'm not offended, but maybe a little jealous. These last pictures are really good, and they show what kind of man you are. It's been more than a few years since I lived on a farm in East Texas, but I never interacted with deer this way. What was it they were eating?

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:44 AM   #13

These shots of the deer eating out of the bucket were taken last Summer. The bucket had whole corn kernels.

This is a yearling doe that seemed to always be by herself. Others always ran in a herd, three to ten deer. For whatever reason, she was by herself, and she seemed to be very tame compared to others. She would eat off the walk, but then I gradually offered her the bucket. She came for the bucket many, many times. In one stretch, she was here at 8:00 p.m. every night for 2-3 weeks, very punctual.

I had the bucket in one hand, the camera in the other. The shots of the eye and ear were done on macro, with camera 3-4 inches away. Her head was right in the bucket, enabling me to get as close as I wanted with the camera.

Eventually, she stopped coming. We don't know what happened to her. She was distinguishable at the time because of a streak down her side. But, for the most part, one never knows if the same ones return. Sometimes, one has a limp, or some other flaw (e.g. the broken antler in the first series). I would like to get a close shot of that one, to see what happened to the antler. Soon the buck will shed their antlers, so even knowing buck from doe will be difficult (e.g. large, mature doe == small buck).
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote