Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Help with FZ45

Hi, Help!

I have a FZ45 and suddenly after taking several pictures without a problem each and every one now has a thin blue line across them (bottom third) slightly jaggy. It doesnt show up on the live view, but does after the picture is taken and when viewed on the pc. I have cleaned filter, lens, reset parameters to no avail. Can't see a scracth on the lens . Is this a fault with the sensor or camera that ahas suddenly developed, and if so does anyone hae any thoughts on whether it's fixable? Many thanks for any thoughts!
scot628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:44 PM   #2

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Hi Scot,

did you tried to make some photographs from a laser pointer?
Laser pointer or lasers from light shows can damage the sensor.

Just an example:

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source...0-O0gg&cad=rja

Cheers,

Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot628 View Post
Hi, Help!

I have a FZ45 and suddenly after taking several pictures without a problem each and every one now has a thin blue line across them (bottom third) slightly jaggy. It doesnt show up on the live view, but does after the picture is taken and when viewed on the pc. I have cleaned filter, lens, reset parameters to no avail. Can't see a scracth on the lens . Is this a fault with the sensor or camera that ahas suddenly developed, and if so does anyone hae any thoughts on whether it's fixable? Many thanks for any thoughts!
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:48 PM   #3

Hi Stefan, thanks for the response but no, I haven't. On looking back I was taking a video in the house, and half way through it the line suddenly appears for the first time, but that was inside in normal lighting. It's very odd and sadly I think the camera is broken!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot628 View Post
Hi, Help!

maybe you can post a pic or 2 so we can have a look ,maybe we might know cause ,hope you still got reciept they should change it ,its only few weeks old ish
good luck
stesteste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:27 PM   #5

Scott-

The blue line thing is usually a temporary thing when you are shooting directly into a bright light, or a laser pointer, as Stefan pointed out.

It very much seems to be connected to the imager, I am sorry to say. If you can post some samples that will help us in isolating the problem. How many photos did you take before this blue line appeared?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:44 PM   #6

Hi Sarah
I have only taken about 40 or so. I can actually pin point when it happened. I was taking a video in my parents house, and as it pans along a wall (not into direct sunlight or a light source) the jagged line suddenly appears and is now a permanent and unwelcome feature! Ive cropped a picture that hopefully shows the problem. I had a bad feeling it is not good..but was trying to stay positive! What do you think? Thanks!
Attached Images

Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:48 PM   #7

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

For me it looks really like a damaged sensor, really curious.
But nevertheless you should complain the cam immediately.
StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:55 PM   #8

think its a qiuick journey or repost back to the supplier they should change it straight away with damaged goods
good luck again
stesteste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:13 PM   #9

Thanks - I thought it was probably a sensor type fault but couldn't work out why it would go so quickly (only had it a month!). Ah well...back to the supplier hopefully for a repair/replacement! Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:54 PM   #10

Scott-

I would not settle for anything other than a outright replacement camera, as this is definitely a sensor failure. It is clearly defective and you should have no problem getting a replacement.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote