Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:02 PM   #1

Default Playing in M

Since the weather isn't good for cameras lately, lots of rain, i have been trying to learn my settings indoors.
I took these in M mode from the telvision, except number 4. I was very impressed with the first one as it is so clear. The others are not bad either i think. I am sure the pros here could do better of course but for me i am fairly happy with these. Lots more to learn thought, lol.
E
Only resolution altered to 72 and size to 10 for uploading no other alterations made.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:37 PM   #2

What a shame the weather is so bad that you're stuck indoors. At least you seem to be coming to grips with M mode, well done.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:15 PM   #3

eysha - you are more courageous than me. I haven't even attempted to tackle the M mode...
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:49 PM   #4

Saly, it's not so difficult to use, the camera displays a meter at the bottom of the screen and you choose what shutter speed / F stop you want to use and adjust the other to put the meter pointer in the center of the meter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
eysha - you are more courageous than me. I haven't even attempted to tackle the M mode...
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
Saly, it's not so difficult to use, the camera displays a meter at the bottom of the screen and you choose what shutter speed / F stop you want to use and adjust the other to put the meter pointer in the center of the meter....
ISO is pre-set?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:09 PM   #6

To be honest I'm not sure what the camera sets it to if you don't set it yourself, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
ISO is pre-set?
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
To be honest I'm not sure what the camera sets it to if you don't set it yourself, sorry
Easy enough to check...will give it a try. Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:16 PM   #8

Likewise Saly, I have tried a few times to shoot in M mode but I just get black photos. I can't seem to adjust the setting on the screen to match what the camera wants.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:21 AM   #9

Thanks everyone, I got to grips faster on the M mode than the P mode. I simply alter the shutter speed and f-stop until i get the meter is in the centre. Probably a lot more to it but that is what i do so far. I cannot get to grips with P mode for some reason so I need help on that one, any offers Saly?,lol.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Thanks everyone, I got to grips faster on the M mode than the P mode. I simply alter the shutter speed and f-stop until i get the meter is in the centre. Probably a lot more to it but that is what i do so far. I cannot get to grips with P mode for some reason so I need help on that one, any offers Saly?,lol.
eysah - whatever works best for you is what you should use !! For me, it's P because once I set the ISO, I don't have to change anything else. I sometimes use A if I'm after a certain look. But, I know that many people prefer M for it's versatility, so I will have to force myself to try it.