Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:01 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvoje xyz View Post
You can always use manual focus..theres a button on a top of the camera - press and hold - screen pops out, default value is AF, you select MF , and then manually adjust..

really , FZ38 gives options of setting values almost as much as most of the (entry- mid level) dslrs ...
Yeah...! Good idea! Maybe I could buy a DSLR, or better hire a photographer to do the job!a.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:12 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger53 View Post
I have followed this thread because of similar difficulties.

xHassan made a comment in post #38 about the size of the reticle. I presume this to be the square that denotes the focal point. I've read the manual and searched and I do not find any way to adjust that size. I find in the focal area selection menu several choices. The bottom one appears to be Spot. The next selection up appears to have a larger focal area. I do not see a way of adjusting these sizes. Is there one, or was the reference to the two choices I noted?

Thanks.

I have an FZ40 so i have that jog dial at the back. I am not familiar with the interface of the 35 but I don't expect a software difference

Select Aperture Priority (A). Press the Focus button on top. Now it lets you move the reticle around. See if it says something like 'SIZE' on the screen. Next to it you would have the software telling you what to do to change the size.
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHassan View Post
I have an FZ40 so i have that jog dial at the back. I am not familiar with the interface of the 35 but I don't expect a software difference

Select Aperture Priority (A). Press the Focus button on top. Now it lets you move the reticle around. See if it says something like 'SIZE' on the screen. Next to it you would have the software telling you what to do to change the size.
No such a thing with FZ38...
But... did anybody understood what am I asking...?