Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:50 AM   #1

Default Smell the Tulip

I took this photo this morning while trying to photograph the few flowers i have.
Look who decided to stick his nose in and have a sniff,lol. - My nosy dog,lol.
I love this photo.
Been playing around with my FZ38 camera so not posted in a while.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:58 AM   #2

Eysha - I can understand why you love this pic, the dog is so cute and you love your dog. But the photo? At first glance, I struggle to find where to fix my sight. Neither the dog nor the flower is in right focus, and your signature is too distracting at that place. I hope you will take this in the right spirit.
Raghu
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:19 AM   #3

No Problem at all. It was one of those click now or forget it photos so i clicked. Wasn't looking to be perfect,lol. I know it's not to everyones taste and the pros here will not care for its focus or something else i know but i like it and just thought i would share - that's all.
E.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:20 AM   #4

An excellent snap of your best pal - love it. My dog does the same thing and seems to like sniffing the flowers. I know what you mean, sometimes you just have to take the photo or you miss the moment.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:14 PM   #5

What a great fun shot. The most important thing is when the shot is special to you.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:31 PM   #6

Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Eysha,

what counts is the spirit of a picture not always the technical perfection and in this picture is a lot of soul.

Cheers,

Stefan

StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:02 PM   #7

Yes, these moments are very special, so sometimes you just have to take the shot. My recommendation is, once you have ensured you have at least one shot, then take some time and try to get a really good shot. This way, even the moment is gone, you at least have that first one shot!

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:18 PM   #8

Thanks everyone, I knew it wasn't a good sharp shot but i just couldn't miss it. My daughter wants a copy of it so i am happy.
I am still trying and trying.

Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
It was one of those click now or forget it photos so i clicked.
E.
Hi Eysha,

I take a lot of photos like that, too. They are memory makers for me and a way of journaling without a pen.

Today, a fawn from last year came by. She was born so late in the season, and was so tiny, I never thought she'd make it through the winter; but she did, and today I captured this photo. I'm totally happy with it not for the quality of the image, but for everything it tells me and the way I feel when I look at it (and that she stood still long enough for me to snap the pic). And next year, or the year after when you look at the photo of your dog or I look at the photo of that little fawn, it will remind us of those special moments.

Laurie
Attached Images

Last edited by laurel99; Mar 27, 2011 at 9:26 PM.
laurel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:35 AM   #10

Thanks Laurel99, i have to agree with you. My photo is a special photo and will last as a reminder for years and years of a beautiful dog, friend and companion and each time we look at it we will smile remembering his nosyness and fun loving ways.
I am pleased the fawn survived too and it is a good photo for the reasons you mention.
Not all photos are technically correct and why should they be, my photo was for me and i was just sharing it, not offering it for sale etc, lol.