Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger53 View Post
Thanks for the feedback and comments, ... and the encouragement. I was just about ready to give up the FZ35 a few weeks ago. But, I think I'm beginning to see some progress.

I've shot many more daffodil shots in the past few days. Nothing as really jumped out as being excellent. The daffodil season is about over, and the next wave will start (probably Bleeding Hearts). I shot some prelim shots today of ones that are just in bud, and I was encouraged. I was afraid I would have a hard time with focus because of lack of surface. That did not appear to be the case. Watch for some other shots in a few days.
Hey Roger,

Maybe time to try some bird shots.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:11 PM   #12

jj, I wish I could get shots of birds. In fact, I made some trials tonight, but without success.

I'm frustrated with bird shots. At the beginning of Winter, I put up a feeding station with three feeders, about 10 feet from the house, 15 feet from a window. The station has been heavily used with many kinds of birds. I've stationed myself close many times, hoping to get some shots. But, my presence is enough for them to stay away. There are so many good opportunities, but I've capitalized on none of them. I guess I need to build a blind, or some other device in an effort to conceal myself.

The same frustration is true for squirrels. We have 6-8 of them all the time, eating at a feeder four feet from the window. So, we get excellent looks, but no pics. They too scatter at my presence (despite me being the one who feeds them!).

Our deer seem to have left for parts unknown. Also, the turkey are nowhere to be found. Sheesh, ... eat my food all Winter, then just leave without giving me pic ops.

I have a friend who wants pics of her dog, a labradoodle, about 7 months old. Yes, cute as a bug, but just wild and full of energy. I don't think I have a chance!
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:57 PM   #13

Roger,

I just don't understand why you can't get a decent shot of a bird with the FZ35. It's got me stumped. I just go out and walk around or stand and wait to catch one landing in a tree. Sometimes works sometimes not.

With the dog it will be hard to get great shots of him in action. Try to take some of him laying down or standing using the macro zoom and some with regular focus and concentrate on the head. And have the camera at the level of the dog and not looking down at the dog.

jj

Last edited by jjdog2; Apr 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote