Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 6, 2004, 2:08 PM   #1

Default DMC-FZ10 filters? NOT 72mm on lens hood. Possible?

Can anyone recommend a source and part number for a slip-on 1A or UV-type filter that can be permanently attached to the lens barrel? I have a 72mm 1A for the lens hood, but I don't always have it in place and would like to find some way to protect the lens.
paulmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:59 PM   #2

There's a Japanese guy who's machining hoods that let the filter get closer to the lens when extended. A link was posted on the dpreview panasonic forums, but since the hood costs 50 bucks, I didn't save it.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 7:41 PM   #3

Mr Yoshida makes metal adapters for the fz series. The fz10 adapters are 55mm and 62mm. fz1/2 are 55mm. $50.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=7095421
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 8:01 PM   #4

Please help me understand this. I looked at Yoshida's website. You take off the FZ10 ring and replace it with the machined piece? Where does the filter go? What is the diameter of the filter that you have to buy? When you turn the camera on, the telescoping lens will not interfere with anything? Do you use the same lens cap?

I have no plans to use a conversion lens, only a filter. If I use the machined ring with the lens hood, will I get the vingnetting that he shows on the website?

This looks like something I will want to get, but I want to be sure it does what I need which is only a permanent filter attachment method.
paulmj is offline   Reply With Quote