Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:04 AM   #11

In the first series, #2 and #7, images of flowers against a defocused background are interesting. How did you get the flowers in focus? Did you use manual, or Spot, or ???

I've had a problem with getting these shots (just posted a new thread asking advice on how to make these shots - primary subject in mid-air with not much for the camera to register focus). Anything you can share in procedure how you made these shots?

Thanks,

P.S. These kinds of images put my efforts to shame! While really enjoying see the efforts of others, it is discouraging that my efforts are so lame. Great work!
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:13 AM   #12

@roger

you can do it by using spot focus then us AF/AE Lock. Lock the subject..so if you move you camera it will lock to the subject IMHO
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:43 PM   #13

I heard FZ40 is discontinued by Panasonic. If so, Do you think its better to buy this now from stocks ? I'm too confused in super zoom bridge cameras such as FZ40, FZ100, Fuji HS20exr, Canon SX30, Nikon P500.
CrazyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:50 PM   #14

FZ40 is better than FZ100 in IQ..

I dont know if its true
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:59 PM   #15

Read the review done by InfoSync as ....
Quote:
the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 suffers from Entry-level Image Sensor Syndrome, and the camera's ability to shoot in RAW does not alleviate much of the lackluster image quality symptoms. What's even more discouraging is that the $100-heavier Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 has the same size sensor with different processing. This is a classic "all show and no go" scenario, and in this price range, we'd expect much better image quality than this. For the average shooter who plans on cropping and resizing, the FZ40 will be fine, but if you plan on showing your pictures in a gallery, think again. Link: http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...z40/11414.html
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:00 PM   #16

double post: Sorry

Last edited by CrazyTechie; Apr 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:18 PM   #17

well for me Fz40 or Fz100 is fine with me Camera is just a tool its still the user who will make a good picture..