Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:04 PM   #1

Default The cove reflections

Grateful for any feedback as I get used to this camera. Really enjoying viewing the shots here on the forum.
FG
Attached Images

Fishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:43 PM   #2

Fishgirl,

Both are very good shots. I think the first is a really good shot. It has very good composition and the use of the land and water is very good. Do you use any post processing software?

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Fishgirl,

Both are very good shots. I think the first is a really good shot. It has very good composition and the use of the land and water is very good. Do you use any post processing software?

jj
Thanks, jj,
I bought PSE 8 and I can crop and, uh, "autofix." Yeah. I thought it was more important to learn about the camera first so I'm very limited when it comes to processing. The things I most enjoy are early morning light and moving water. I think learning processing must be an entirely different learning "process" so to speak versus just getting comfortable with the camera. I'm in the latter phase, taking in all the info I can get. These two are straight of out the camera.

FG
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:51 PM   #4

I also like the first one, but I was wondering what it would have looked like if you had positioned the building at the right, so had more of the lower slope in frame. Of course, there may be things there you don't want to include, but my interest is piqued a bit because I see the slope dropping to the left and I wonder what's there.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishgirl View Post
Thanks, jj,
I bought PSE 8 and I can crop and, uh, "autofix." Yeah. I thought it was more important to learn about the camera first so I'm very limited when it comes to processing. The things I most enjoy are early morning light and moving water. I think learning processing must be an entirely different learning "process" so to speak versus just getting comfortable with the camera. I'm in the latter phase, taking in all the info I can get. These two are straight of out the camera.

FG
"learn about the camera first" you are so right! Still learning how to get the best out of the FZ35 myself. Again, looking forward to your posts.

jj
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
I also like the first one, but I was wondering what it would have looked like if you had positioned the building at the right, so had more of the lower slope in frame. Of course, there may be things there you don't want to include, but my interest is piqued a bit because I see the slope dropping to the left and I wonder what's there.
I hope this works. Found another picture that shows more to the left. Taken on another day. Better or worse? I did have to crop it. We run into other clutter otherwise.
Thanks for looking.
Oh no, just looked at it myself. Bleck! Just too much noise or whatever they call it, lousy resolution. Hang in there. I'll shoot it later this week. Any tips on standing on top of water greatly appreciated. At least you can see what's there to the left. Rocks. Will get a decent shot soon

FG
Attached Images

Last edited by Fishgirl; Apr 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM. Reason: to add
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:13 PM   #7

Quote:
I hope this works. Found another picture that shows more to the left. Taken on another day. Better or worse? I did have to crop it. We run into other clutter otherwise.
Thanks for looking.
Oh no, just looked at it myself. Bleck! Just too much noise or whatever they call it, lousy resolution. Hang in there. I'll shoot it later this week. Any tips on standing on top of water greatly appreciated. At least you can see what's there to the left. Rocks. Will get a decent shot soon

FG
I agree "Bleck". The best shots you take are the ones you like.

jj
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Found another picture that shows more to the left
That's more like what I had in mind. If you take another, assuming you're using a zoom lens, try to frame it so the building occupies about the rightmost third of the picture, with the left boundary as far over as extraneous matter will permit.

What body and lens are you using?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:43 PM   #9

All very nice shots. The first one has very good composition. The second one would have been really great is there were some clouds reflected on the water, but of course you can't control weather!!

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
That's more like what I had in mind. If you take another, assuming you're using a zoom lens, try to frame it so the building occupies about the rightmost third of the picture, with the left boundary as far over as extraneous matter will permit.

What body and lens are you using?
It's my Lumix FZ35. That's the only camera I have. For now (grin).