Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 1, 2011, 2:36 PM   #1

Default New to the board

Tho I've been reading and looking at everyone's pictures in awe.

I spent the morning at two different parts of the lake. One closer to the house, then the other downtown. It wasn't that bad of a day except the wind. I am going to try and get up early tomorrow and take sunrise pics down by the lake before work (at least that's the plan) anyway I am debating on getting filters (polarizing) or Tele converter.. but with the shots I took today, I don't know how much closer I could have gotten..... I know I need a wide angle lens tho.. any suggestions? All photos were taking without using anything special other than EZ zoom from where I was.

This bird was giving me fits.. kept moving

Gotta crop this one to get the hood of the car outta there

Rest can be seen here:
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...%20the%20lake/
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2011, 5:45 PM   #2

Hi Beli and welcome to the forum. I don't have any additional lenses for my FZ35. Hopefully someone that uses them will chime in with an opinion. Took a look at your gallery and it looks like you are off to a good start.

I don't use the EZ zoom unless it is the only way; I think it degrades IQ somewhat. When taking shots of birds pay close attention to the light. If you can, have the light hitting the bird on the side that you are taking the image of. The FZ cameras love light when using the zoom.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2011, 6:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Hi Beli and welcome to the forum. I don't have any additional lenses for my FZ35. Hopefully someone that uses them will chime in with an opinion. Took a look at your gallery and it looks like you are off to a good start.

I don't use the EZ zoom unless it is the only way; I think it degrades IQ somewhat. When taking shots of birds pay close attention to the light. If you can, have the light hitting the bird on the side that you are taking the image of. The FZ cameras love light when using the zoom.

jj
Yes, I noticed that when taking pics of the landscape of downtown from where I was you can tell I was in EZ because of the color quality.

And thanks for looking! I may stop off at the park that's a few blocks from me the next day or two as next week they are calling for rain again all week. See what I can pick up there.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:58 PM   #4

beli, welcome to the forum. Just want some clarification, are you looking to get closer, or wider angle? Those are two different lenses. You need something like the LT-55 teleconverter to zoom more. It works pretty well. You need to get the adapter extension ring to use with any conversion lens. I'm not too sure about a wide angle lens. I think there is the LW55 conversion lens, but I don't know of anyone who uses it with an FZ. You can always go to 16:9 aspect ratio to capture more of the scenery. As jj said, I also avoid EZ zoom, I have not had much luck with it.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2011, 6:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
beli, welcome to the forum. Just want some clarification, are you looking to get closer, or wider angle? Those are two different lenses. You need something like the LT-55 teleconverter to zoom more. It works pretty well. You need to get the adapter extension ring to use with any conversion lens. I'm not too sure about a wide angle lens. I think there is the LW55 conversion lens, but I don't know of anyone who uses it with an FZ. You can always go to 16:9 aspect ratio to capture more of the scenery. As jj said, I also avoid EZ zoom, I have not had much luck with it.
Looking for both actually. I know they are two separate lenses. I didn't know that about aspect ratio.. guess I got a lot more reading to do. I'm usually in 4:3 aspect ratio. I was gonna head down to the lake for some sunrise pics but it's too cloudy here this morning.. got up at 4:30.... usually I see some sun starting to peak over my trees but none at the moment. It's suppose to be Mostly cloudy between 5-6.. sun rises around 6:11 these days... then party cloudy between 6-7. I would have gotten down by the lake by around 6ish.. hmmm maybe I should have gone.. but I don't see sun coming up over the trees tho. Lol.

Last edited by beli; May 2, 2011 at 6:20 AM.