Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 5, 2011, 6:17 PM   #1

Default FZ35 question

My wife and I have pretty much decided on purchasing a FZ35 but had a question. I know the camera has a burst mode to capture pictures. In the review it says the following.

"In single shot mode, the camera is able to capture 5 images in 5.8 seconds without the flash or 5 images in 8.3 seconds when the flash is in use."

I take it this means by depressing the shutter button for each shot. And is this in when the camera is in high speed auto focus.

Sorry if this is a dumb question or has been answered, but this camera is a huge step up from our Canons SD400!
tasdisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2011, 6:31 PM   #2

I only use the standard burst mode (3 images/second and high image quality) when I need it. The camera is capable of faster burst (6 - 10 images/second) but the image quality goes down to 3 - 2 MPix. There is also the Flash Burst mode which will let you keep taking pictures with flash as long as you keep the shutter depressed, up to 5 images. But again the image quality goes down to 3 - 2 MPix.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 6:49 PM   #3

Thanks for your response, I guess I don't understand the statement in the review about capturing 5 images in 5.8 seconds w/o flash and 5 images in 8.3 seconds with flash.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:03 PM   #4

I think your original post addressed that correctly, that if you are in single shot mode, you can take 5 shots in 5.8 seconds (that would depend on the speed of you SD card too, I assume). Similarly if you are in single shot mode with flash on, you can take 5 images in 8.3 seconds to allow for the flash to charge up.

By the way, I think you will love the FZ35. I adore mine! It does have limitations you have to expect in a small sensor camera. It does not do well in very low light without flash. But when all the conditions are right, the results can be amazing!

Old May 5, 2011, 7:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
I think your original post addressed that correctly, that if you are in single shot mode, you can take 5 shots in 5.8 seconds (that would depend on the speed of you SD card too, I assume). Similarly if you are in single shot mode with flash on, you can take 5 images in 8.3 seconds to allow for the flash to charge up.

By the way, I think you will love the FZ35. I adore mine! It does have limitations you have to expect in a small sensor camera. It does not do well in very low light without flash. But when all the conditions are right, the results can be amazing!
Thanks for the input, like I said this is major upgrade for us from our Canon. Almost every thing I have read on the FZ35 has been very positive
Old May 5, 2011, 7:29 PM   #6

I also just moved up from a Canon SD940 P&S last September. Didn't take me long to learn at all! There are some very good books out there that helped me, series by Bryan Peterson was particularly good.

Old May 5, 2011, 7:35 PM   #7

Any certain brand or speed of card? Is a class 6 good enough or would the class 10 be better?
Old May 5, 2011, 7:39 PM   #8

I think 6 is plenty fast enough, stay with a known brand like SanDisk. I actually paid a lot of money for a Class 10 for my other camera and don't see any speed improvement...

Old May 6, 2011, 8:42 AM   #9

G'day Tas

I have an FZ35 & my missus has an FZ28
If burst is important to your future picture taking, try to get an FZ28 - it has "unlimited burst" NOT the miserable 3-images then it ends
The FPS of each camera seems to be the same

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 10:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Tas

I have an FZ35 & my missus has an FZ28
If burst is important to your future picture taking, try to get an FZ28 - it has "unlimited burst" NOT the miserable 3-images then it ends
The FPS of each camera seems to be the same

Regards, Phil
We went ahead and ordered a FZ35, we feel the burst is good enough for the picture taking we want to do, but thanks for your input.
Now I just have to pick up a good memory card for it. Trying to decide between Transcend or Wintec brands