Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 10, 2011, 5:25 AM   #11

Hi Stefan, JJ & Square One - yes, you are completely correct about the fast moving water. Did not even think that it would make a difference when taking the shot, and these were amongst the firt shots that I took. I will keep that in mind next time. A lot of the shots I chucked were really over-exposed as it took me a while to figure out what I was doing. Thanks for the tips and keep the advice coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
Good try Dyane. #4 is a great capture, It shows the movement. If the shutter speed was faster would the shadow detail be less/lost?

I can't be a critical judge, never even tried taking this type of picture, JJ has taken these before, and I can see the white blow-out he talks about in #1 & #2

#3 is showing just a little blow out, if like you said, you used F8, then only a faster shutter speed would reduce the amount of light seen by the camera.

Did you keep the camera in auto focus? My tries with manual focus failed.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:26 AM   #12

Yip, I was in auto focus - did not even think about manual focus oooops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
Good try Dyane. #4 is a great capture, It shows the movement. If the shutter speed was faster would the shadow detail be less/lost?

I can't be a critical judge, never even tried taking this type of picture, JJ has taken these before, and I can see the white blow-out he talks about in #1 & #2

#3 is showing just a little blow out, if like you said, you used F8, then only a faster shutter speed would reduce the amount of light seen by the camera.

Did you keep the camera in auto focus? My tries with manual focus failed.
Old May 10, 2011, 5:33 AM   #13

Hi Everyone - thanks you so so sooooooooooooo much for all the excellent advice, tips and for taking the time to look and give feedback - it really is appreciated and I always try to put the advice into practise.

Phil - I have the same f8 aperture limit on the FZ45 and was actually going to ask if there is anyway to push this up further - so thanks for the filter tip. Looks like I will have to get one.

Rui - I'm so pleased you liked No.5 - it was my fave as well even though it is over exposed in places. I really liked the effect it had on the water too.

Once again, a HUGE THANKS to all you lovely folk around the world
Old May 17, 2011, 1:58 AM   #14

Well done for your first manual attempt. I got tired of the camera always beeping at me in manual so leave it on P.... useless I know
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 4:10 AM   #15

Good job Dyaneg, (I will testing the manual mode too) amazing shoots!