Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 10, 2011, 6:32 AM   #1

Default Some Photo's from Yesterday

Thought I posted these yesterday beore going to bed but oh well.

Shutter Priority:

IA Mode:

Evening Clouds:

P1000892

That said.. any way to get more of a truer color in the clouds? The white ones were actually light pink at the time in the Evening clouds.. and there was more blue in the sunrise pics. (I know it's not possible in the IA mode.. but what about other modes?) Every time I do other modes I tend to get over exposed even when manually changing the EV back to zero.This especially happens in Manual. Also in Apature mode, I tried changing to f/2.8 but it keeps going back up when I zoom in, even when I switch back to Manual mode as suggested by bf who has a Dslr.

I have a couple bird pics from over the weekend I'll post those when I get home from work.

Last edited by beli; May 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2011, 10:26 AM   #2

Very nice shots here. Sunset colors are very tricky to capture. Many people have luck with the "Sunset" scenery mode (BTW which camera are you using?) but never works for me.... What I do, and works most of the time, is to set my camera on spot meter. Then I keep pointing the camera at different part of the sky until I like the colors in the LCD, depress the shutter halfway to lock the meter, re-compose and take the shot.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
Very nice shots here. Sunset colors are very tricky to capture. Many people have luck with the "Sunset" scenery mode (BTW which camera are you using?) but never works for me.... What I do, and works most of the time, is to set my camera on spot meter. Then I keep pointing the camera at different part of the sky until I like the colors in the LCD, depress the shutter halfway to lock the meter, re-compose and take the shot.
Fz35.. I'm thinking of getting a polorizer but I'm not sure if it will help.....

I am getting a Teleconverter if I pass my math class tho.(I have a way over zellios teacher.) I have quizes every other week, a midterm (which is also the same week as a quiz), and a power point presentation of 12-18 pages of an algebra topic with speaker notes and Apa format with at least three references.. really? It's MATH...

I can't change teachers(it's too late) or drop it as i'm on a Taa contract so I don't think I can just skip a term. It's my only class. I knew it would be a difficult class but this is just too much. I already e-mailed the person that approves sllyabus's my concerns... as I feel someone in a Math class let alone college math for 20+ years like me can pass her class.

As for the pictures.. the one with the Shutter Priority is probably the closest to what the sky was like.. maybe with a bit more blue in the backround.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:01 AM   #4

Nice ones Beli. Good advice from Saly.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 11:57 AM   #5

I think I tried sunset when I first started and didn't like it.. I'll have another look at it thanks. I'm going to pick up a UV filter today from either Amazon or Camera shop that's on my way home from work (Not sure how much more it would have helped with the shots) I know part of it was I was zooming in as well.. Depends on the weather... I don't know if i'll get any more sunrise photo's this week suppose to be cloudy/rainy most of the week tomorrow we're suppose to have afternoon storms as well as well as Thursday.