Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:50 AM   #1

Default DMC-FZ10 wins another award!

PANASONIC LUMIX DIGITAL CAMERA, INDUSTRY’S FIRST
4-MEGAPIXEL CONSUMER CAMERA OFFERING 12X ZOOM,
WINS 2004 INNOVATIONS AWARD

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (January 7, 2004) Panasonic’s high-performance DMC-FZ10 Lumix digital camera, the industry’s first 4-megapixel consumer digital camera to feature 12x optical zoom, has been selected as a 2004 Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase Honoree by the Consumer Electronics Association.
The prestigious Innovations Awards program operates in conjunction with the 2004 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Each year, a panel of preeminent industry designers, engineers and journalists ¾ advised by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) ¾ evaluates products based on innovation, value, aesthetics, and contribution to the quality of life.
The award-winning products will be displayed in a special Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase, Silver Exhibits, Booth # 70311, during the 2004 International CES, January 8-11, 2004, Las Vegas, NV.
The celebrated DMC-FZ10 Lumix camera uses a precision Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens and features Panasonic’s advanced MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer). The camera’s powerful 12x zoom is equivalent to a 35 – 420mm zoom lens on a conventional 35mm film camera. Its extraordinary telephoto features and no-lag processing speed enable this camera to capture every detail of distant or quick-moving subjects with superb brightness and clarity. The camera has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $599.95.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:30 AM   #2

Hey Bob

The title of this thread implies that the FZ10 has won multiple awards. Can you please enlighten us people who weren't aware that it had won any by listing all the awards that you know the FZ10 has won.

Thankx man.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:34 AM   #3

I don't have the full list but I know that Business Week chose it as one of the best new products of 2003. I've asked Sales to send me the list when they get back from CE
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:44 PM   #4

Default Panasonic bag for my DMC-FZ10k? Is it the DMW-CZ10?

Bob,

I recently purchased the DMC-FZ10K and love it. I am looking for the Panasonic bag that will fit it. I was told the DMW-CZS10 is the one that fits this. Where and how can I get one of these?

Thanks,
riesek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 1:40 PM   #5

Default Re: Panasonic bag for my DMC-FZ10k? Is it the DMW-CZ10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riesek
Bob,

I recently purchased the DMC-FZ10K and love it. I am looking for the Panasonic bag that will fit it. I was told the DMW-CZS10 is the one that fits this. Where and how can I get one of these?

Thanks,

[DMW-CZS10 seen in above image]

I'm sure there are products in the US market that fit the FZ10. I'm using a Velocity 5 (made by Tamrac) with my FZ1 and it works just fine. It holds the camera, filters, memory cards, etc... and I'm sure it would work with the FZ10.

Tamrac

LowePro
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:24 PM   #6

Default Re: Panasonic bag for my DMC-FZ10k? Is it the DMW-CZ10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riesek
Bob,

Thanks,
Well, I'll have to edit this post. Someone over at DP said that the camera does fit with the lens hood. Mine doesn't, and it is a Panasonic case. Perhaps there is more than one. Mine doesn't have a model number inside.

You may not want the Panasonic case if you leave the lens hood on. It won't fit in the case.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2004, 7:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic
I don't have the full list but I know that Business Week chose it as one of the best new products of 2003. I've asked Sales to send me the list when they get back from CE
Business Week, yes one of more more reputible camera authorites. Don't get me wrong I like the FZ10 and want one but really I'm only interested in praise or awards from camera authorites not organisations that Panasonic has large advertising commitments with.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:51 PM   #8

The magazine gives the awards based on evaluations they have done by independent sources. Regardless, I'm a firm believer that each person needs to do their own evaluation. I've visited and enjoyed many restaurants that received poor reviews. I'm sure you understand what I mean.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 10:34 AM   #9

Default LowePro Z40 for FZ10

The bag I am using is the Lowe Pro Z-40. It is the smallest padded bag I could find that will hold the camera without the hood attached. The hood will fit in also but it won't be attached.

Also, the bag is just small enough (IMHO) to put on you belt.

The bag measures 6" high by 4.25" wide by 3" deep with an outside pocket that holds an sd card and extra battery (from Eagle Imports).

I hope this helps.

Rob
robsmith is offline   Reply With Quote