Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 17, 2011, 7:41 PM   #1

Default Couple shots from this weekend (manual mode)

Well, now that I understand the white line moves depending on how much light etc.. I've been practicing manual mode. No post processing in these pictures only thing different is I got my polorizer late last week This is from this past weekend. It was too cold/rainy to go anywhere really. This first Pic is from a small field across from where I live after it had finally stopped raining.. all the birds around here decided it was good eatin time. I was really cold with wind gusts up to 40+ mph and was hard to keep the camera steady most of the time..alot of my shots came out blurred because of it..

Robin munching on a dandelion it looks like

Sunrise I was more interested in the clouds then sunrise this morning

beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2011, 3:50 PM   #2

Hi Beli - given the awful and windy conditions you were up against you have done really well and super well for starting straight off in manual mode. Took me an an afternoon shooting to figure out what the white line and beeping was all about in manual haaaaaaaaaaa !! Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing more of your posts.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:26 PM   #3

Thanks these are all hand held.. probably would have had better luck if I used the tripod but it was way to windy to be sitting out messing with pics... I just took a quick couple ones and went back inside. I'm hoping to get up to the zoo one of these weekends but seems that it's been crappy every time I'm off. Lol. I'm shooting for memorial day weekend but we'll see. Still long range forecast looks nothing like it should be for this time of year where I am. I'm still in winter jacket for heavens sake... I'm usually in my spring one by now. It's been 50's most of the time. The few times that it's been really nice but I'm either working, and or helping mom do something.. I'm hoping it warms up here sometime soon. So I only have one day out of the weekend to go bum around the city...
Old May 18, 2011, 9:31 PM   #4

Hi Beli, somehow missed your post. Love to see some shots from the zoo.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 8:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Hi Beli, somehow missed your post. Love to see some shots from the zoo.

jj
Might get up there this weekend (dobutful, depends alot on Mom.. and when Sears delivers her new washer/dryer on Saturday) If not this weekend when it's suppose to be in the 70's more than likely next Saturday becasue she's out of town up north to her trailer so I got the full weekend to do stuff and it's supose to be 60's and Sunny, this weekend even tho it's suppose to be in the 70's there's a chance for storms so I'll have to check forcast tomorrow.