Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 22, 2011, 8:39 PM   #1

Default Zoo pic photos

I finally made it up to the zoo! All shot in Manual mode. Some I probably should've switched to IA in some of the indoor ones that didn't come out but the whole point was going up there and practicing different situations/manual mode etc.

More can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...th/5748551328/
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2011, 8:53 PM   #2
gordymohr

the elephant and bears shots look good, could maybe use a little cropping.

keep shooting
Old May 22, 2011, 8:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordymohr View Post
the elephant and bears shots look good, could maybe use a little cropping.

keep shooting
Yeah.. I haven't done much post processing on photos other than cropping like I said some of my indoor shots I should have used Ia mode but the whole point was to learn manual mode. Maybe next time I get up there i'll try IA in some of the indoor shots... I want to get to see birds of pray show but they don't start till memorial day. Also want to catch another show Sea lions didn't catch it this time around.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:54 PM   #4

Hi Beli,

Thanks for sharing the shots from the zoo. Like to know the name and location of this Zoo.

You should try the camera in P mode with spot focus with spot exposure or center weighted for this type of shot. Then adjust the exposure +/- on what you see.

Just a thought.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 11:06 PM   #5

There are some very nice shots here, but I agree with jj that you should try P mode, especially if you are getting familiar with your camera. After playing around with my camera for nearly 9 months now, I'm still fiddling mostly in P mode, occasional A, then S mode, rarely M.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 6:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Hi Beli,

Thanks for sharing the shots from the zoo. Like to know the name and location of this Zoo.

You should try the camera in P mode with spot focus with spot exposure or center weighted for this type of shot. Then adjust the exposure +/- on what you see.

Just a thought.

jj
Thanks I researched the metering thing before I left and it said to use mostly evaluative for landscape shots since I thought I would be shooting mostly landscape (outdoor shots) I picked the 1st one. I may get up there this weekend again.. and try w/ the P and some of the other suggestions. I also want to get the hang of low light indoor shooting (though I know from research, this is hard to achieve with this type of camera) Fz35. I also wanted to get lions/tigers but I didn't see any when I was there this time, nor could I find the bird exhibit. I found a map on their website so I know where these things are now. Depending on weather I may get up there Saturday morning.

The zoo is Milwaukee County Zoo.

Last edited by beli; May 23, 2011 at 6:21 AM.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:12 AM   #7

Great stuff

I plan to go to the zoo myself sense this is the first time in years I can go without little kids along (getting old has it's advantages)
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote