Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:37 PM   #31

Default Both the Raynox 150 and 250 attach the same way

For the money, the Raynox 250 will get you greater magnification.
They both attach to 52mm and up lenses BUT the Raynox 250 is a deep lens, so it can't attach directly on the lens itself.
I was very surprised to read that the 150 attaches directly and wonder if it really does.

Beli, if you're considering the TC-e17ed, then you need to know that you'll need both the Panasonic adapter and a step down adapter 60mm to 55mm.
It's heavy, but seems to be the best, as per comparisons I've seen on the internet.
Dabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:16 PM   #32

Help me with tripod which I post ,

Does it need anything else to be installed, or installed directly on the camera?

Is there any types differ in length? I need one long because I am a long ..

Excuse my experience very few, and I came to learn from you, and I hope not bothering all of you .
purityoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbler View Post
For the money, the Raynox 250 will get you greater magnification.
They both attach to 52mm and up lenses BUT the Raynox 250 is a deep lens, so it can't attach directly on the lens itself.
I was very surprised to read that the 150 attaches directly and wonder if it really does.

Beli, if you're considering the TC-e17ed, then you need to know that you'll need both the Panasonic adapter and a step down adapter 60mm to 55mm.
It's heavy, but seems to be the best, as per comparisons I've seen on the internet.
Actually I'm getting the Olympus Tc-17 I think it's called? I'll have to go back and research... from my reading it only needs the adapter? I have not heard of the Tc e17ed?

Tripods generally do not need anything else installed they fit right on the camera.

Pure it would do you a lot of good to research on your own. A lot of my questions were answered by a google search, or even searching on here.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:42 PM   #34

Beli, don't worry, all you need for the TCON 17 is the adapter.
The other teleconverter I mentioned is an older, discontinued model that is rather pricey.

Purity, I'm sure that you're not "bothering" anyone but not everyone knows the answers to your questions.
Every one of us has been learning and should continue to learn.
I hope you realize that it is difficult to evaluate equipment that you've never personally used.

Of the two tripods you listed, I would think that the Dolica is a better choice, since it is a little lighter in weight and there are many positive reviews on Amazon.
You're not likely to want to bring a tripod with you if it is too heavy to carry around.
The Dolica and other cheap tripods aren't what I meant by a "good tripod" but it might actually be a good tripod to start with, if you realize that you might find it necessary to get a better tripod and head in the future.
The one thing that I think is essential in a tripod is to have a quick release plate, so it is fast and easy to remove the camera from the tripod and to attach it to the tripod head.
The Dolica you've listed does have a quick release plate.
What you don't know and what might be a problem for you is that the "maximum height" or "extended height" that is listed too often is measured with the center column extended--which reduces the stability of the tripod.
It might not be a huge problem, since the FZ100 LCD screen is movable, so you can look down at it.
I saw that you asked what the best tripod is on the tripod forum. The Manfrotto 055 series tripods are much taller and sturdier than the cheap brands, but they come at a much higher price.
Manfrotto is a good brand, but is certainly not one of the most expensive ones.

Better tripods are usually sold without a tripod head, though some camera stores offer package deals on tripods and heads.
Photography is much like other hobbies. You can spend a lot of money.
This page offers some good advice about tripods:
http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/Pontification/a0099_Tripods_101/_Tripods_101.html
I think his best point is that," Everybody wants tall, light, and sturdy. News flash: you can't get it. Tall and sturdy means heavy. Tall and light means flimsy. Light and sturdy means short."

There are so many equipment choices that it does make people a bit confused when trying to decide.
I spend many hours researching before I decide which items to purchase.
You might not find a teleconverter useful, unless you want to take pictures of birds. Likewise, unless you want to take very close up pictures, you would not need a close up lens.
That's why I suggested that you get the camera and then add items as you determine that need them.
One purchase that I found helpful was a series of books by Kelby
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/032...ohs_product_T2
I guess your location might make that harder to do and buying a number of items at one time might add up to very significant savings on shipping.
Dabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbler View Post
Beli, don't worry, all you need for the TCON 17 is the adapter.
The other teleconverter I mentioned is an older, discontinued model that is rather pricey.

Purity, I'm sure that you're not "bothering" anyone but not everyone knows the answers to your questions.
Every one of us has been learning and should continue to learn.
I hope you realize that it is difficult to evaluate equipment that you've never personally used.

Of the two tripods you listed, I would think that the Dolica is a better choice, since it is a little lighter in weight and there are many positive reviews on Amazon.
You're not likely to want to bring a tripod with you if it is too heavy to carry around.
The Dolica and other cheap tripods aren't what I meant by a "good tripod" but it might actually be a good tripod to start with, if you realize that you might find it necessary to get a better tripod and head in the future.
The one thing that I think is essential in a tripod is to have a quick release plate, so it is fast and easy to remove the camera from the tripod and to attach it to the tripod head.
The Dolica you've listed does have a quick release plate.
What you don't know and what might be a problem for you is that the "maximum height" or "extended height" that is listed too often is measured with the center column extended--which reduces the stability of the tripod.
It might not be a huge problem, since the FZ100 LCD screen is movable, so you can look down at it.
I saw that you asked what the best tripod is on the tripod forum. The Manfrotto 055 series tripods are much taller and sturdier than the cheap brands, but they come at a much higher price.
Manfrotto is a good brand, but is certainly not one of the most expensive ones.

Better tripods are usually sold without a tripod head, though some camera stores offer package deals on tripods and heads.
Photography is much like other hobbies. You can spend a lot of money.
This page offers some good advice about tripods:
http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/Pontification/a0099_Tripods_101/_Tripods_101.html
I think his best point is that," Everybody wants tall, light, and sturdy. News flash: you can't get it. Tall and sturdy means heavy. Tall and light means flimsy. Light and sturdy means short."

There are so many equipment choices that it does make people a bit confused when trying to decide.
I spend many hours researching before I decide which items to purchase.
You might not find a teleconverter useful, unless you want to take pictures of birds. Likewise, unless you want to take very close up pictures, you would not need a close up lens.
That's why I suggested that you get the camera and then add items as you determine that need them.
One purchase that I found helpful was a series of books by Kelby
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/032...ohs_product_T2
I guess your location might make that harder to do and buying a number of items at one time might add up to very significant savings on shipping.

Thanks a Million

anyone here have Facebook account ?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:27 AM   #36

Guys I will buy Memory card 32 g calss 10 , will it work good with cam or not?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:09 PM   #37

As long as it's SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card as indicated in their specificatiosn http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compa...fications.html

Did you research what memory cards the camera supports? It can be found with a quick google search. I found this within two seconds.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 3:06 PM   #38

Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:55 PM   #39

Is there a different between Panasonic fz100 and fz 100k ...

I saw somee site write fz100k and when I googled it I didn't find any difference
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by purityoflove View Post
Is there a different between Panasonic fz100 and fz 100k ...

I saw somee site write fz100k and when I googled it I didn't find any difference
I haven't heard of a fz100k.. I know fz35/38 the 38 is what's available in different countries.. it could be the same for the 100/100k? Basically same camera just different model number.