Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:06 PM   #1

Default Birds of Prey show & others

I was able to get to the zoo for the Birds of Prey show one of my favorites from the after noon No real post processing needed for these except if someone knows how to get peoples heads outta the way.. I haven't figured it out yet (special healing brush was taking too much outta the sea lion) More can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...7626769677059/

African Grey Kiss

africangreykiss

Another one of my favorites from the afternoon I just love this guy.. he was sitting there scratching himself... lol

zoopic5

I also like this one Sea Lion Kiss:

zoosealion5
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:47 PM   #2
csa

Great photos! I really like the sea lion kiss photo; the colors are so vivid!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:08 PM   #3

Thanks.. I think I got a bit of a sun burn going as I was out in blazing sun for an hour total lol. (well it was only mid 70's but it felt warmer then that) I may take one last trip out there in a couple weeks and see if i can get pics of some baby tiger cubs I didn't get to that i seen were on the map but somehow missed them. I dunno yet. Ohh and see if I can manage p/s/or A modes with a tripod on the fishes but I think that's going to be impossible even with a tripod as I tried today and i had a really high shutter speed and I still kept getting blurred shots.. and that was on a very still tripod. The shots of the fishes were in different program modes and i cleaned up the noise with Denoise. I was going to do it today but by the time the sea lion show was done 12:30... i was already starting to get a bit heat sick so I decided to head home. I was there from about 9:30ish.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 9:33 AM   #4

Very nice Beli.

What happened to the Butterflies In Living Color at the Zoo?

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:26 PM   #5

It really wasn't that interesting.. I did get a couple shots but I don't know if they are usable.. I will look at them again and see if I can fix a couple. The most shots I could get were ones that were hanging from a wall or something like that. There were too many kids trying to get them to go on their fingers etc.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:00 PM   #6

Great shoots Beli, I love #1 and #3
Old Jun 6, 2011, 5:03 PM   #7

good series Beli, nice bright colors in the sea lion
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:25 PM   #8

Really lovely series Beli, you have got some really clear shots there. No.1 is my fave with the bird's shadow on the T-shirt.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyaneG View Post
Really lovely series Beli, you have got some really clear shots there. No.1 is my fave with the bird's shadow on the T-shirt.
Thanks.. I think #1 is my favorite as well... but then again I'm partical to Aferican Greys as I've wanted one since I laid eyes on one in a pet store years ago. However, I don't have time to properly train them, or take care of them. Plus I have cats.. and well that's a dangrious situation lol. Not to mention, as the host said..they can and often do outlive their pet owners, so I would have no idea who would inherit the little fellow.

I may try and head up one more time this weekend.. suppose to be cloudy and in the lower/mid 60's so maybe it won't be quite as crowded.. specially in the butterfly exbit. I know what I did wrong in the fish exbit while I had my mini tripod with me, I forgot to set the apature speed along with the shutter speed. I kept the apature speed at either 2.7 or 3.7 and I have a feeling that's why the pics all came out blurry.