Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:55 PM   #1

Default Today was Close up practicing (without any special lense)

I just switched the camera to close up (the one after teleconverter) on the Fz35 settings in conversion. The tigers/lions were all taken though glass. I have a couple hyena shots but I haven't added them to the set yet... more can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...7626947916192/ I also have a close up of a swan I need to add as well.. but I'm exhausted been a busy weekend bead and button show and zoo this morning lol

some favorites from today
sleepingbear

coogar1

femalelion3

malelion2
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:18 AM   #2

Great animal shoots series Beli!!" I love #1 and #4
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:35 AM   #3

Very nice shots Beli.
Unless you are using the LC-55 close up lens or the LT-55 TCon lens, you don't need to set your camera on these settings.
Other forum members have suggested, particularly, not using the close up setting with the LC-55.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksy View Post
Very nice shots Beli.
Unless you are using the LC-55 close up lens or the LT-55 TCon lens, you don't need to set your camera on these settings.
Other forum members have suggested, particularly, not using the close up setting with the LC-55.
Nope not using close up lenses, trying to decide if I want extra equipment or not. So I went into the conversion setting and changed it to closeup. Or if the camera's close up setting in conversion will suit me fine.. it looks at this particular time it will. Maybe down the road I will change my mind.

Thanks catalex54 I think #1 and #4 are my favorite as well. I will add the swan and hyena pics tonight when I get home from work.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:23 AM   #5

Beli, the Sleeping Bear photo is so impressive
NileLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileLily View Post
Beli, the Sleeping Bear photo is so impressive
Thanks.. I have another one(slightly different pose).. but didn't add it to the set I'll upload it with the Hyenia pics tonight when I get home... it's just as impressive I think.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:18 AM   #7

Very nice shots Beli.

Not sure why you are changing the setup when you are not using any add on lenses.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:31 AM   #8
csa

#1 & 4, for me also! I also like the expression on the cougar, as she's licking her paw.

The photos are great; how would they compare to just using the "P" mode, & telephoto?

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa View Post
#1 & 4, for me also! I also like the expression on the cougar, as she's licking her paw.

The photos are great; how would they compare to just using the "P" mode, & telephoto?
Hmmm I dunno, I didn't think to switch to P mode when I was there. These were shot in Manual mode with closeup conversion turned on. Can you turn on telephoto/closeup conversion on while in P mode? I'll have to look when I get home. Now you gave me a reason to go back up there again lol.. and here I thought I was done with the zoo for awhile. I probably won't get up there this weekend since it's fathers day and it will be crazy busy.. but maybe the following weekend. Unless I go after helping mom Saturday... but I'd have to get all my homwork done.. and it's usually busy by the time I would get up there, and normally I'm leaving then since I get up there when they open up, and it's not quite as crowded.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Very nice shots Beli.

Not sure why you are changing the setup when you are not using any add on lenses.

jj
Because I'm not using any add on lenses other than the polorizer. I thought switching to the teleconverter/close up in the conversion option on the fz35 was like (or as close to getting the same results without add on lenses). If I'm wrong.. please correct me.