Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:21 AM   #1

Default ZS7 at Citizen Bank Ballpark.

Got a chance to use my ZS7 again when I went to a sold-out Phillies game. Here are my favorite shots from the night, not sure if just because of the extra light because of it being a pro stadium but my stadium shots were much better than my first set. Learning the limitations of my camera has helped a lot too. I didn't realize how hard it is to photograph a Ballpark at night with the bright lights, constant movement, and high contrast.
Attached Images

y0chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:22 PM   #2

I think you did a great job! Looks like a good time.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:05 PM   #3

Given the difficulties you mentioned, your shots have come out really well. Keep practising and photographing the things you like.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:26 PM   #4

Excellent shots! Who did they play and who won?

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 6:30 PM   #5
csa

Those are really great shots! I love all of them!

~Pentax K10D~
~FZ40~
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:27 PM   #6

Saly, it was Phillies-Dodgers and Cliff Lee was on the mound for 7 with 10K's. Phillies won 3-1. I'm actually a Pirates fan but my parents live in Philly and I watch the Phillies too.

I forgot to post the settings, while I tried couple HDR shots, most of my good shots came from Aperture Mode and keeping ISO below 200.

First shot was
f/3.5, 1/100th sec exposure, ISO 125
Second
f/4.3, 6 sec, iso 80, and placing the camera very carefully on a balcony railing with the wrist strap around my wrist. It was gusty night too.
Third
f/3.3, 1/10 sec, iso 80, (hence the blurring of that kid but I kinda liked it)
Fourth
f/3.3, 2 sec, iso 80, and placing the camera on railing again. Maybe I should invest in one of those gripping tripods.

The main reason why i was using low ISO and large aperture was to combat the graininess I got in the first set. At first I thought it was only in full telephoto or high iso, but the second shot on this attachment is wide angle and ISO-80. I read on http://translate.google.com/translat...wordpress.com/ that setting the color setting to natural rather than standard can help with the graininess I sometimes get. I find the sensor and lens and the controls on the ZS7 quite adequate for a compact point and shoot, but I do find the camera sometimes is too smart for its own good. I am either completely turning off a ton of options to get the camera to do what I would like it to do. Maybe its because I'm trying more advanced photography with a more consumer level point and shoot. But, still I'm quite impressed with the camera once I realized what it can't and can do.
Attached Images

y0chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0chang View Post
Saly, it was Phillies-Dodgers and Cliff Lee was on the mound for 7 with 10K's. Phillies won 3-1. I'm actually a Pirates fan but my parents live in Philly and I watch the Phillies too.

Ah yes, that was a week ago Monday I believe. Our pitcher Lilly didn't has his stuff that night. Yes, I'm a die-hard Dodger fan, but not happy with the way our team is run this year. Oh well, Lee's a good pitcher and I'm glad you got to watch it!

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:39 AM   #8

Nice work, I really like that shot of the stairs and the outside of the stadium - great night exposure.

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote