Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:17 AM   #1

Default Finally made it down to the lake for some night shots

Though not the best because it was cloudy.. might head down there tonight if I can get rid of this damn headache. It's suppose to be clear..but also humid.. we're in for a long hot spell starting today (humid) and going through next Thursday.. first relief for us will be next Friday.

More:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...7627082865043/

anyway:

1st pananaroma should have cropped it a bit.

Sailboat:

Last of Sunset:

Buildings:

Full Moon:

Moon going behind clouds:

Last edited by beli; Jul 16, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2

Very nice Beli. Number 5 is a cool looking shot.

jj
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Very nice Beli. Number 5 is a cool looking shot.

jj
Thanks!

I had to use my mini tripod on the ledge. All manual shots btw. I think the moon shots were mostly shot taken w/ 15sec exposure... I'll have to go back and look at the details. That's our Art museum in the backround. I'm hoping to get back down there tonight if it's not too humid out.. headache seems to be subsiding now that I took Advil, so we'll see. But since I'm not feeling well mom wants me to rest today.. well she didn't say anything about tonight lol.. but she wants to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning and it's suppose to be hot/humid etc so we'll see. I didn't even realize it was suppose to be a full moon last night.. guess maybe that's what was drawing me down to the lake lol. Not sure what the two spots to the left are from.. probably light posts reflectionsthat were near by

I could have gotten a couple more shots before clouds took over, but after I took the couple I did, I loaned my mini tripod to a guy that was having troubles with his shots he didn't have a fancy camera just one of those point/shoot type ones from the looks of it and hey he was cute lol

Now they're calling for 30% chance of storms by the time I have to leave to get down there in time to get sunset pics etc, but it's also suppose to be clear by 9pm when it's dark enough for moon shots, so it's going to be a play by ear type of night.

Last edited by beli; Jul 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:12 PM   #4

Great job of night shots Beli!!! Congrats
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalex54 View Post
Great job of night shots Beli!!! Congrats
Thanks! I don't think I'm going to make it down there tonight, I looked at bus schedules (I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY need to get my license.. but that's another story)I wouldn't get home till almost 11... Which in of itself isn't bad but I gotta get up early tomorrow to help mom grocery shop, and I'm still not feelin 100% sooooo I wanna get a full nights sleep to see if that helps. If I get less then 5hrs of sleep (which I think I did, by my own fault cuz I couldn't fall back to sleep after 5) my body hates me. Lol... hopefully it won't be too hot August 13th for the next full moon.... or cloudy...Now they are saying it's going to be clear by the time the moon rises.. sigh.

Ohhh and moon shots were taken with 8sec expsoure (went and looked)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:23 PM   #6

Beli, that's a promising location - nice shots.

One thing I noticed was that you're getting a few unusual light artefacts - streaks from the lights and a few "ghosts" of the full moon. I wonder if you're using some kind of filter - if so, I suggest removing it for the night shots.

Sony NEX-5, Panasonic fz40
BackyardPermaculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackyardPermaculture View Post
Beli, that's a promising location - nice shots.

One thing I noticed was that you're getting a few unusual light artefacts - streaks from the lights and a few "ghosts" of the full moon. I wonder if you're using some kind of filter - if so, I suggest removing it for the night shots.
Yes, I'm using a Polorizer, since most of what I shoot is landscape photos, so I never take it off. I never thought to take it off for night shots. I figured it would have the same effect it does for day shots as well as night shots. I will have to remember that for next month when I go down there. I'm going to take it easy tonight here at the apartment... and just relax.

And thanks for the complement.. I really wanted to try and get down there tonight, but my body has decided otherwise lol.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:21 PM   #8

Good series beli, nice colors especially #2 and #3

#1 you can easy post process to remove vignetting in top right hand corner.

I have noticed that FZ45 seems to have lens / sensor not centered, which can be proved by deliberately causing vignetting and noting how equal the cut of is in each corner, I think the lens is slightly left of true center.