Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:52 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolyte View Post
Well... which one is overexposed? They seems perfectly exposed to me. Some of them has some parts overexposed, but i think it's intentional, otherwise the subject would be underexposed. But i'm not certain, so, which ones are not perfect?
Thanks
I suppose that Saly make reference to #1 left glare sky between the clouds, #7 left little columns with few details and #10 and #12 with milky sky (but it was really so in that moment)
__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:37 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolyte View Post
Well... which one is overexposed? They seems perfectly exposed to me. Some of them has some parts overexposed, but i think it's intentional, otherwise the subject would be underexposed. But i'm not certain, so, which ones are not perfect?
Thanks
For example, compare #12 and #13. 13 is perfect with all the rich colors and well defined details. 12 looks washed out. But as catalex said, it probably had a lot to do with the cloudy weather washing out colors.
__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:14 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Electrolyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 113
Default

Thanks. Yes, #12 is a little overexposed and washed out, maybe it would benefit from less exposure. #1 also is overexposed, but i did like the sky, i thought it were intentional.

However, the subject on #7 is perfectly exposed imho, does it really matter if the background isn't well-exposed? It is perfect as-is imho.

And i don't know how #10 would benefit from less exposure. Imho it's the best possible considering the cloudy weather.

Thank you.
Electrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:00 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Square one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,172
Default

Wonderful tour of Venice catalex, thanks for sharing. I am beginning to think FZ40 slighty overexposes as well catalex despite having saturation set at -1

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, I thought #13 could have a slight exposure increase - but a difficult shot, left side of picture is in shade (no shadows) while right hand side has strong shadows.
__________________
FZ45
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:01 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

Thanks to Saly like a master, and thanks to Electrolyte like a my shots fan

This forum is the best place where learning day by day, here every critique is constructive, because made by friends and totally disinterested.

In conclusion the #10 was in impossible light and space condition (25mm), like Saly has correctly understand, but I wanted sharing anyway that particular architecture.

I am happy inside this Panasonic/Leica community.

__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square one View Post
Wonderful tour of Venice catalex, thanks for sharing. I am beginning to think FZ40 slighty overexposes as well catalex despite having saturation set at -1

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, I thought #13 could have a slight exposure increase - but a difficult shot, left side of picture is in shade (no shadows) while right hand side has strong shadows.
Another careful consideration .... and thanks Square one for the appreciation
__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo...ini_del_Bovolo

Scala Contarini del Bovolo

This is the #12 with little color correction and highlight recovery with CS5:



but the sky remain originally milky
__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:50 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalex54 View Post
Thanks to Saly like a master, and thanks to Electrolyte like a my shots fan

This forum is the best place where learning day by day, here every critique is constructive, because made by friends and totally disinterested.

In conclusion the #10 was in impossible light and space condition (25mm), like Saly has correctly understand, but I wanted sharing anyway that particular architecture.

I am happy inside this Panasonic/Leica community.

All of these pictures are really terrific, I was just being picky!! I know that it is very hard to capture the colors when it is cloudy. You still managed to capture the beauty of your city and I really appreciate you posting them for all of us to see.
__________________



Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
banksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,144
Default

Wonderful shots Catalex, this is certainly a beautiful city and one I hope to visit really soon.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:08 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
catalex54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Near Venice in Italy
Posts: 2,454
Default

Thank Banksy and thank again Saly for the kind words
__________________
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
Alex
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:13 PM.