Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:42 AM   #11

Default Nikon 3100 different ball game.

Are you after close-ups and macros or photos with more IQ for very large prints etc.? extending the FZs capabilities with a close-up LC55 or Tele LT55 is one thing, buying The Nikon D3100 is altogether a different ball game.You are buying into an entry level system camera and entering the big bad,DSLR inter-changeable lens world,with more possibilities and pros and cons.
It is no more the compact FZ35 super-zoom bridge cam world.
Take your time before you take the plunge.

regards and Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
For some reason i always imagined it screwed to the barrel . Does that mean any other 52mm filter would fix to the adaptor tube too ?
Sounds to me that's the way to go , i'm still undecided whether to buy an SLR (Nikon D3100) or add to what i already have (FZ38)
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
Are you after close-ups and macros or photos with more IQ for very large prints etc.? extending the FZs capabilities with a close-up LC55 or Tele LT55 is one thing, buying The Nikon D3100 is altogether a different ball game.You are buying into an entry level system camera and entering the big bad,DSLR inter-changeable lens world,with more possibilities and pros and cons.
It is no more the compact FZ35 super-zoom bridge cam world.
Take your time before you take the plunge.

regards and Good luck
Well it's my birthday soon so i'm merely considering my options
Just can't decide whether or not to upgrade , decisions decisions
Forzahibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:27 AM   #13

If it's a lens protector 'filter', UV filter, or other lightweight filter then they can be screwed to the camera lens directly.

Thing to remember is that the adapter tube is 55mm filter thread (hence Panasonic Lens Close-up 55 and Lens Telephoto 55), where as FZ40/45 lens filter thread is 52mm and I think FZ35/38 is 46mm? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

As wanaclick said going dSLR is a different ball game to the FZ40/45, FZ35/38. dSLR will give you better image quality, but at a cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
For some reason i always imagined it screwed to the barrel . Does that mean any other 52mm filter would fix to the adaptor tube too ?
Sounds to me that's the way to go , i'm still undecided whether to buy an SLR (Nikon D3100) or add to what i already have (FZ38)