Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:45 PM   #1

Default Waves crashing against Rocks

And other photos.. I know i haven't posted much.. haven't done much shooting lately cept this past weekend..went down to the beach for some wave shots since there was a good wind coming in off the lake. More can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3199233...7627443227658/

I'm hoping sometime next month I'm able to get up early enough during the week now that the sun's rising a bit later to get some sunrise shots off the lake.

start of the day:

P1040235

I almost forgot.. I got my first butterfly shot! Didn't have it set to macro as I should have because I didn't want it to fly away on me but still not bad

P1040259

Waves:

P1040289

Dude on a jetski.. personally thought he was nuts with the waves but great for picture taking

P1040286

Moon rising:

P1040464

Moon dancing on the water.. yes the moon is a bit out of focus.. forgot to put my macro on, and my camera was having issues focusing because of it.. but I was more interested in getting the light coming off the moon/water then the actual moon itself. Next month I'm gonna get a longer tripod as I realized that mines not long enough for what I want to take pictures with where I was in relation to the moon rising.

P1040502

I have some better night shots from last night, but I have to go through them and upload them yet.

Last edited by beli; Aug 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:54 PM   #2

I like your sunrise/sunset shots the best. You really nailed the colors!

Most of the pictures seem to be like a double-exposure... Is there something wrong with your camera?
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:40 AM   #3

Your pictures seem to lack sharpness, like Jeaniebug I think you are using wrong settings, let us know what settings you are using, we are here to help you know.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:02 AM   #4

I'm using manual settings.. only thing different is I did have it on #2 white balance exposure I didn't realize it till after I got home. I normally have it on AWB.

I am also using cingular polorizer (cept for the night shots)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:22 AM   #5

I really like the moon rising shot. The last would be really great if you straighten the horizon. Softness in the other shots are camera movement, I think. A bit confused about your statement on the last shot, you forgot to put on the macro..... why do you put on macro a distance shot??

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:04 AM   #6

Where I was was a bit close to the moon, so I thought maybe putting it on macro would help the camera focus, and yes I agree about the camera movement... I had my mini tripod with me and when I pushed the button to shoot the shot the camera bent a bit so the camera is a bit too heavy for the mini tripod. I took some other shots the other night with my regular tripod and didn't have any issues. I'll have to post them when I get home tonight, unforatantely I didn't check to see when the moon actually rose the night I went out so didn't get more moon shots but i'm hoping the regular tripod helps next month weather permitting of course.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beli View Post
Where I was was a bit close to the moon.
But....AF Macro mode allows you to focus on subjects that are closer than standard AF can (less than 30cm) so it won't help focusing on the moon.....

Also, if your camera tends to move on the tripod, try the timer.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:54 PM   #8

Nice stuff

In a relationship with a Panasonic Fz40
Hama Macro Filters (+1, +2, +4)

flickr
facebook
xHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:29 PM   #9

Hi Beli,

I hope you don't mind me posting this but I was looking at your shots on Flicker and think this is a great looking shot and with a little PP would be fantastic. If you would like me to delete just let me know.

jj

Last edited by jjdog2; Aug 18, 2011 at 2:32 PM.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:38 PM   #10

JJ of course I don't mind you posting things from my flickr albums If I did I wouldn't have posted the link.. If anyone wants to try and touch it up feel free... I have a couple more I need to upload sometime today yet from the other night.